Why is this driving me NUTS???

TrueSmiles12

TrueSmiles12

My ex-bf and I have been broken up for almost 2 weeks now and I'm such a mess, still...

Just when I think I am moving on and getting over him, I am always still wondering what he's doing, where he is, who he's with, etc. We are five hours apart because we are both home from school (we go to the same college and started dating there). So, I admit it is easier to not have him physically around, so I don't have to see him. But, at the same time, of course, it is still difficult because it only means all these thoughts are running through my mind.

Bottom line: I want to know if he's already hooking up or seeing or is involved with someone else. Is this wrong? I guess I want to know for sure to help me really move on and know that there is no more hope that we are getting back together. Sometimes I try to convince myself that yeah, he is already moving forward and telling myself that yeah, he is with someone else already, so give up. But if I don't know for certain, then I'm just driving myself nuts!

It's so much easier said than done -- move on with your life, accept this loss, etc, etc... But can anyone honestly say anything to me to give me any sense of real hope that everything will be okay??? Something that I can actually believe??

I keep myself busy and happy and surrounded by pleasant things, but when I stop and think about him -- I have that unpleasant feeling in my gut that he is happy with someone else already. Then I just obviously become sad again... How do I deal with this?

It's not wrong to think of the stuff you're thinking of. There is no right or wrong, really, but it's very natural. It's only been 2 weeks, also, so that ain't much time WHATSOEVER. Give it more time. Eventually you'll move on.

MaggieJane

I'm going thru the same thing. I ended the relationship so you'd think he'd be hurting more than me but I swear I think he's happy as a clam and has moved on and is with someone else. I've been trying to find out where he's been since Friday (yes I drove by his house and he wasn't there). Humiliating - yes, but I just had to go by his house - I'm in so much pain.

It's been 4 weeks for me and it's been torture. I have panic attacks and think I made a huge mistake. You're not alone! I'm wanting so badly to reconcile - it sucks. It's the 4th of July and I am paralyzed with grief.

Kevin, you seem to have been there and have some good thoughts on the subject. Are we a bunch of fools to believe there is a chance for reconciliation? I do realize some things are unforgivable, such as abuse, and cheating, but what if a person is just stressed or gun-shy from previous hurts, and needs time to sort these feelings out ? I agree, I would rather stick it out together, but in regards to his prior marriage? I can't fix what she broke, so to speak, I wasn't there and I don't feel it is my business to get involved. What if I give him some time and try to be suppportive (without crowding). I would not be putting my life on hold by any means........

It just seems to me if someone truly matters you can't just throw in the towel so easily.

BTW, In my case we have had contact, if he were to tell me to leave him alone, then it would be pretty clear.