Struggling

struass

It's been 4 weeks since my 9 year relationship was abruptly ended and to be honest I'm struggling. We have a 2 year old and he is the only thing that is keeping me from going off my rocker.

Nature of breakup was sudden, I never saw it coming at all. My previous thread points me in the direction of 'another man' which I'm now beginning to think may be right. No proof but her phone sticks to her like glue and little other things seem to give it away. Maybe I'm paranoid.

Due to our son we're still under the same roof until I get the keys to a new flat of the 3rd September.Things are OK most of the time and she even initiates physical contact now and again......which I try my best to ignore but it got the better of me once.

I've got a couple of issues.....

1. Can't stop thinking about her with someone else. How can I stop this?

2. She wants everything to be amicable, friendly.....everyone else tells me I need to man up and go see a lawyer and get what I want written down (i don't know what I want).

3. Sleep is a problem at least 2/3 nights a week with all these things going through my head.

Help anyone?

Don't check her phone. You don't want to go there. Trust me I know. Once you give in to jealous feelings and start jealous behaviors you are in a bad way. You won't be able to stop and it will eat you alive.

Considering practicing meditation to break unwanted thought patterns. I am trying this.

Your situation is complicated since you continue to live with her. The best path forward is for one of you to move out if possible, although it might not be just yet.