Comparing myself to my ex's new bf

Rekerdz

we broke up a year ago then she started dating this guy nd they been dating for 7 months so far but it seems i can't stop thinking about her and her new boyfriend whether shes happier with him, if hes better in bed, if hes more mature i can't seem to get rid of these thoughts. The thing is I know the guy and he was the last guy i'd ever think of as her new boyfriend actually at some point thinking of them together made me happy cz i was so sure he's not better than me i know the way i think is not right but you know how it is we always compare ourselves to the new person in our ex's life. I know this still bothers me because i haven't completely moved on so what can i do for now and yea i see them everywhere nd they all over each other everytime i see them so yea that doesn't help. I just want to know if there are any ideas on how to stop this whole comparing thing and whether shes happier with him or if he's better than me?

• Like 1
Philosoraptor

How old are you? Why are you seeing them everywhere?

Find a hobby, spend time with friends, browse wikipedia and learn something new... you need to do something to stop preoccupying your mind with these thoughts. It doesn't matter what she can or can't do for him, all that needs to matter is your own happiness.

• Author

thanks for the reply Philosoraptor, im 25 i see them alot cz shes a promoter/event organiser so shes at every party i go to and we have alot of common friends so we bump into each other alot but its better than before im more careful where to go these days and as for a hobby im actually busy with music production which is helping alot but i have set backs every now and then it just gets tiring i want it to end nothing more