Social Media and Ex's

Follower

Haven't posted in a long while because all in all being doing pretty well.

Came home from work today to find my ex had unblocked me on Facebook.

I had considered this eventually happening for a long time and considered myself prepared for such an occurrence.

Turns out not so much, I'm neither a rec nor am i feeling great about the whole thing.

It has given me a bit of an emotional waltzer this evening because of it.

I eventually decided i needed to act on this unblocking and sent her the following message

"RE:UnblockingCame home today to find you had unblocked me on Facebook which was to be honest surprising and has ended up dominating my thoughts for the most of the evening.

Sat and considered why you would bother at all and i can come to only 2 conclusions,

Either you're cleaning out your block-list in which case please go ahead and re-block me, because I'm not over you and still miss you, so its not a good thing for me to be seeing updates about you if you have no intention of communicating.

The other hand is you would like to talk(which i consider to be unlikely) in which case lets talk!

Sincerely Bob"

I know i haven't really asked for advice but peoples input would be great as always.

I love this forum and hope you all the best!

(p.s its been well over a year since she left)

BustedUpInside
Whoops. You shouldn't have said anything. You should have just hidden your ex from your news feed. That way you wouldn't have rocked the boat by blocking them and wouldn't have to look at their updates either.

You ex is allowed to use their Facebook however they see fit. Hiding them from YOUR Facebook is your priority, and not something to be flicked back to your ex.

You just handed your ex all your power. I'm a nice person, I am kind, I am generous, and I put others before myself. But if my ex sent me that on Facebook, I would laugh like the Count on Sesame Street after counting stuff. I would enjoy the power trip THAT much.

I agree. I just think you might be opening yourself up to being hurt by waiting to see if she keeps ignoring you or if she ends up responding. If she does respond, I also don't think it is very likely that it will the response you are looking for.

• Like 3

Wait, how would you know she unblocked you!?

I thought blocking people also removes them as friends. I'm so confused.

• Author

Thank you for all the replies.

I knew she had unblocked me because a whole heap of posts on mutual friends threads appeared with her name on them :p

So she replied with some vague stuff about wanting to check up on my family and me, which is fine.

So apologized and re-blocked me, so all is well again in my world.

Returning to blissful ignorance.

• Like 1