Anxious

steveT95

Whenever I am at college I get really really anxious. Not when I am in lessons but when I have to walk around the college or am leaving or just turning up.

Half of me wants to bump into her and the other half is terrified of meeting her. I start feeling breathless and my stomach is in knots.

If I saw her I don't know if I would be able to remain polite or calm but I would like to think I could, but I know no matter how I appear on the inside it will knock like a punch from Mike Tyson.

Any tips on how to feel less anxious when around college? It makes me feel ill.

fiftyofsomethin
Whenever I am at college I get really really anxious. Not when I am in lessons but when I have to walk around the college or am leaving or just turning up.

Half of me wants to bump into her and the other half is terrified of meeting her. I start feeling breathless and my stomach is in knots.

If I saw her I don't know if I would be able to remain polite or calm but I would like to think I could, but I know no matter how I appear on the inside it will knock like a punch from Mike Tyson.

Any tips on how to feel less anxious when around college? It makes me feel ill.

Well honestly, in my own experience, I have seen that the only reason I get anxious about certain things or in anticipation of certain things is because I am constantly thinking about and am worried about those things all the time.

The process of overthinking every possible scenario doesn't allow you to act in a novel or genuine way when it actually happens. IF it actually happens.

So my advice, although I don't often follow it myself, is to just find something to take your mind off of it. Just have fun and do things for yourself. This will allow you to stop worrying about her at least a little bit.

• Like 1
  • Author

Yeah I'm managing to keep anything to negative or depressing off my mind now. Just get my stomach tied up in knots when I walk from one end of the college to the other

I have struggled with anxiety for a long time, and my counselor prescribed me Xanax. It's supposed to just be used for the times when I have the really intense anxiety, which for me happens to be in the morning. If you're able to begin seeing a counselor who can help with that - I would suggest that.

• Author

Thanks, not sure if I will go down the drugs route (or is it herbal stuff?) Should be starting counselling in the next few weeks. I will mention it :)