Coping without a support system..

Derpderpleton

Derpderpleton

One day I'm angry, the next I'm sad, then it's back to angry. I only have my family to talk to about this. All of my friends live out of town, and they're tired of hearing my problems. I'm sure my family is too. I talk to them about it everyday.

My ex was literally all I had left. I did my best to hide that from her, as I didn't want to come off ass being needy or anything. It kills me how just over a week ago, we were hanging out and cuddling as friends, almost kissed, and now she's just totally cut me out and doesn't care about it at all. I wish I would have just kissed her that last time we hung out. Maybe things would have been different. I have regretted that EVERY single day since it happened. She posted something that she claims wasn't about me on social media (yeah, I'm dumb and broke NC a couple of days ago just to ask her). She texted back reassuring me that it wasn't and that we're "fine" and "still friends".

Thinking about the good times hurts. We were so comfortable around each other. I just miss being around her and being happy no matter what we were doing. She always made me happy. She always told me how I made her so happy and told me how sweet I was, I guess that was all a lie. Why else would she kick me to the curb? I hate that I still miss her after how she hurt me. It's really stupid. Even her family didn't understand why she did this because they know what kind of guy I am.

I guess I'll never know either. She seems content with the life that she's living right now. I just want her to be happy, and that's me being 100% genuine. I don't hate her for what she did to me, although it feels like it at times. It makes me feel SO pathetic for caring for someone who seems like they don't give two sh*ts about you. All I can do is just push through each day. The thoughts of her will come and go, but I'm thankful for all of the good times we shared, even if it hurts like hell to think about them. I hope that she thinks about them too sometimes.

I know exactly how you feel. The only difference is my family didn't know about us...at least not the extent of it. So basically, I have no one I can talk to about this except maybe one person and she is biased in any advice she gives me (long story). Anyway, I don't know your religious beliefs, but what I do is stay in constant prayer about my particular situation. It really is the only thing that gives me hope and gets me through the rough days I have sometimes.

Like you, I get angry, then sad, then angry again. I try to take it all in stride. This won't keep us down forever. I hope you can at least take comfort in the knowledge that you're definitely not alone.

Believe me, I was dumped and was given many different reasons as to why I was being dumped except the real reason. I learned a month or so later from a friend (after being lied to repeatedly) that I was in fact dumped for someone else....that stung deep! I know how you feel..I really do. It sucks, but it will get better in time.

• Like 1
  • Author
Derpderpleton

Wow, that sucks that she left you for someone else. I don't think I'd be able to handle that at all.

I know that my ex is 'talking' to some guys. I don't know if they're showing any interest back, don't care to know either, but yeah, when she broke up with me she said that she didn't want a relationship. I asked her if she just want to go out and hook up with random guys then. She said no to that too. Looks like I was lied to as well.

As I said before, she's been acting really stand offish and bitchy since the last time we hung out. I guess that's her way of coping with what she did to me. At first she was sorry for it (probably why we hung out a few times), now she just wants to move on and forget that she even did it to me. I have to work with her, so that makes me situation even worse. I have to atleast TRY to act like I don't care whenever she's around. Acting like you don't care when it's really just killing you is so hard.

I really hope it gets better soon, this emotional roller coaster is really annoying. I know there's harder days ahead (tomorrow being valentines day. her birthday is a week after that). Think of those days reminds me of the plans we made for them, and then the pain comes back. I really hate that I don't hate her for doing this. It makes me feel like I'm weak.

I have NOBODY in my real life to talk about my breakup with. NOBODY. Nobody knew we were even together as we were in an affair relationship, long distance.