having a bad evening

frederickkk

the anxiety is gone.

didn't see her at xmas. or new year. or heard from her.

I am gutted though. Absolutely gutted. More so because I know I made mistakes at times, and didn't try my best. But then she wanted to be single...I couldn't force her to want something with me...she is younger than me, but I guess Im at the age where if you are in love, you will mourn the loss for some time, almost in a mature sense, one doesn't get over it. I've started to forget about her, but feel this is wrong, because our love was strong, and to be honest, I'm too afraid to pull away from it.

I appreciated everyone's comments and help on here. I was erratic, up and down before Xmas. Hope everyone is handling it better than I am.

• Like 2
the anxiety is gone.

didn't see her at xmas. or new year. or heard from her.

I am gutted though. Absolutely gutted. More so because I know I made mistakes at times, and didn't try my best. But then she wanted to be single...I couldn't force her to want something with me...she is younger than me, but I guess Im at the age where if you are in love, you will mourn the loss for some time, almost in a mature sense, one doesn't get over it. I've started to forget about her, but feel this is wrong, because our love was strong, and to be honest, I'm too afraid to pull away from it.

I appreciated everyone's comments and help on here. I was erratic, up and down before Xmas. Hope everyone is handling it better than I am.

Dude, haven't seen me in a while here, have you?

Well man, I still think you are a troll, but I'll respond to this.

If you recall, I was a COMPLETE WRECK after my breakup. I thought I lost 'The One,' I was DEEPLY in love with her, and there was NO ONE left for me.

Nonetheless, I stayed NC, as hard as it was. I had MANY tearful nights, many nights on the bottle (don't recommend that), turned off A LOT of friends, LOST a lot of friends, the list goes on and on.

But, I stayed NC.

Now, another girl walked into my life. I hate comparing the 2, but this girl was a ten-fold improvement on my ex. She loves movies, and the same movies as I do. We think the same. She's very adventurous. I can be completely 100% myself around her, and when I'm acting goofy/weird, she just laughs, looks me in the eyes, and then kisses me. She LOVES my weirdness, goofiness, and my personality.

That's better than my ex who used to roll her eyes, tell me to "stop," or just ignored me.

I'm telling you, troll, there IS a better girl out there for you. I didn't believe it, and it ONLY took 3.5 months after going NC for her to just casually stroll into my life. Completely unplanned, completely unwarranted, she just fell into my life, and now I'm smitten.

If you just man up, grow some balls, try and forget her, NC, this could happen to you too. Fall in love WITH YOURSELF first, embrace a hobby 1,000%.

I read somewhere you were going to Thailand? or India or something like that? Well, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU STILL HERE GET ON A PLANE AND GO!

There are MANY girls out there that, once you get to know them (and just say 'screw her' about your ex) that'll make your ex look COMPLETELY worthless and, in a lot of ways, a waste of your time (I'm beginning to wonder why I spent so much time with my ex when my current girl went to the same school, and I could have gotten to know her, and we could be dating for longer than we are now). Only thing that really stands in me and new girl's way is if life gets in the way (I going to medical school, she to graduate school). Otherwise, we both see it's like we were built for each other. Like peanut butter and jelly, man (I'm the nuttier one, she's the sweeter one :p ).

• Like 4

I still see some weird thoughts in your post Fred but I can say I'm very very happy for you now you are less delusional and seeing clearer. Please keep this up. You don't run away from the pain, no. You take it head on and emerge stronger. Trust me, no matter the age, breakups hurt and your heart aches but things will get better, hold it together, take your time :) Goodluck godbless

• Like 1
our love was strong, and to be honest, I'm too afraid to pull away from it.

The "love" was strong in your eyes. It has to be nutured by two people and if there's only one person hanging on to it, then it's time to let go.

• Like 1

If you recall, I was a COMPLETE WRECK after my breakup. I thought I lost 'The One,' I was DEEPLY in love with her, and there was NO ONE left for me.

Nonetheless, I stayed NC, as hard as it was. I had MANY tearful nights, many nights on the bottle (don't recommend that), turned off A LOT of friends, LOST a lot of friends, the list goes on and on.

But, I stayed NC.

Now, another girl walked into my life. I hate comparing the 2, but this girl was a ten-fold improvement on my ex. She loves movies, and the same movies as I do. We think the same. She's very adventurous. I can be completely 100% myself around her, and when I'm acting goofy/weird, she just laughs, looks me in the eyes, and then kisses me. She LOVES my weirdness, goofiness, and my personality.

That's better than my ex who used to roll her eyes, tell me to "stop," or just ignored me.

I'm telling you, troll, there IS a better girl out there for you. I didn't believe it, and it ONLY took 3.5 months after going NC for her to just casually stroll into my life. Completely unplanned, completely unwarranted, she just fell into my life, and now I'm smitten.

If you just man up, grow some balls, try and forget her, NC, this could happen to you too. Fall in love WITH YOURSELF first, embrace a hobby 1,000%.

I read somewhere you were going to Thailand? or India or something like that? Well, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU STILL HERE GET ON A PLANE AND GO!

There are MANY girls out there that, once you get to know them (and just say 'screw her' about your ex) that'll make your ex look COMPLETELY worthless and, in a lot of ways, a waste of your time (I'm beginning to wonder why I spent so much time with my ex when my current girl went to the same school, and I could have gotten to know her, and we could be dating for longer than we are now). Only thing that really stands in me and new girl's way is if life gets in the way (I going to medical school, she to graduate school). Otherwise, we both see it's like we were built for each other. Like peanut butter and jelly, man (I'm the nuttier one, she's the sweeter one :p ).

Cograts bro. Now I'm beginning to feel left behind..hell my BU class of Sept, Oct are starting new relationships...i hate u man...kidding..just jealous. Im really happy you found a cool gal. Cav

• Like 1

But, I stayed NC.

Haven't been here for a long time myself, but I'm happy for you, mate.

Yeah, fred, for me it took 5-6 months to get over my ex. It's so great to be just fine.

• Like 1