Should I tell my ex I'm seeing someone else?

simpsonic

My ex and I broke up in early March after he said he wasn't ready for commitment. I have been dating someone new for almost a month now. I'm not sure if I should tell my ex this. I kinda feel like I should because we have a lot of mutual friends and someone is going to find out eventually...I mean, I can't hide my new guy forever. Also, I'd rather him hear about it directly from me rather than some third party. But I don't want to seem like I'm bragging and trying to rub it in his face. I'm just confused because when we run into each other at our mutual friends' parties, sometimes he acts flirty and sometimes he acts cold and distant. Recently he invited me to a party he is throwing at his place for next week. I haven't RSVP'd yet. I just found out he will be attending a party I will be going to tonight. It is possible that he will ask me if I'm coming to his party. Would this be a good opportunity to tell him I'm seeing someone? Or does he not need to know?

Its not his business honestly. He wasn't ready for a commitment, therefore he is not a part of your life (in that way) and I dont think you owe him anything.

• Like 2

Why do you feel the need to tell him and what do you expect to happen if you do? If you're hoping it'll get a reaction out of him then that suggests you still have feelings for him, one way or another, so be careful with the new guy.

Will you have to tell him about any future relationships if this current one doesn't work out? (I know that sounds silly but you can see what I'm getting at)

In my opinion it makes no difference whether he knows or not so why bother. It's not his business to know and It's not like it's going to change who he is or what happened to your relationship.

Edited by Renard99

It would seem that after a break up most people go on to date others. Why should you tell him you are dating someone new. It was inevitable that you would and so will he. I wouldn't attend his party if I were you, but I would take my date (without reservation) to other friends parties.

• Like 1

Because you still see each other at social gatherings and have some of the same friends and espeically because you have been invoted to his home for a party you may go to...YES.

Its not as though you dont see him and arent speaking.

It would be odd if you accepted an invitation to his house and brought a date without telling him first.

Because you still see each other at social gatherings and have some of the same friends and espeically because you have been invoted to his home for a party you may go to...YES.

It would be odd if you accepted an invitation to his house and brought a date without telling him first.

Exactly. It's a matter of respect.

I still say no in those circumstances. With regards to being invited to his party, if she wants to take the new guy, then I say just ask whether you can bring a 'guest'. That I consider to be courteous, but I don't see the need to go further than that and say they're dating.

I just found out he will be attending a party I will be going to tonight. It is possible that he will ask me if I'm coming to his party. Would this be a good opportunity to tell him I'm seeing someone? Or does he not need to know?

It would be good to take your new bf to this party. Your ex can meet him and will know you have moved on to someone else.

You don't need to tell him.... but I will say.

When my one love...the ex that got away found out I was in a new relationship she flipped out, and I am petty enough to have enjoyed the hell out of it.

She blew up my phone with like 30 text messages, started writing all these messages on facebook, called and cried and cried.

I was having a field day, the bitc4 haha. So I just put her ringtone to that justin timeberlake song, what comes around goes around.

It was a pretty high moment listening to that song.

Let me paint this picture for you, baby

You spend your nights alone

And he never comes home

And every time you call him

All you get's a busy tone

I heard you found out

That he's doing to you

What you did to me

Ain't that the way it goes

When you cheated girl

My heart bleeded girl

So it goes without saying that you left me feeling hurt

Just a classic case

A scenario

Tale as old as time

Girl you got what you deserved

• Author

I've decided that I will not go to my ex's party. Instead, I will throw my own party, with the only guests being me and my new bf. :)