I Have Strong Feelings for my Friend, Who is Dating my Other Friend- Moving Forward?)

BonanzaBean

I am realizing very slowly that I have very strong feelings for my good friend. He and I dated for about a month, but I decided to end it, because of we have very different relationship ideologies. We've remained friends, he's a great guy! I decided to set him up with a co-worker and boy, have they hit it off! It's driving me crazy seeing together all the time. (He's always takes her out for lunch, we hang out)

I've begin having so many regrets for ending our relationship, I hate seeing them together.....I feel like I am back in Junior High. I do need to say, that under no circumstances am I ever going to tell him, or do anything that would jeopardize their relationship. They're the two nicest and kindest people I know, and I want to remain friends with them. I am just perplexed on how I can move forward with this in a positive manner.

How do I distance myself and reconcile my feelings, without coming off as distant? I mean I see them almost every day.... Do I date lots? I am really not sure. I need time away.

I know I am the one who ended with him and I am the one who set them up. Sure, I am happy for them, very happy.....but I can't help but realize what a mistake I made.

Thank you.

Edited by BonanzaBean