Coping update 3 months later

TooHonest123

TooHonest123

Hello Love Shack community.

For those of you who have not read my story i will give you a short intro.

My ex cut me off suddenly and completely out of her life on May 20th. She had met another guy and the same day she slept with hin was the same day she decided he was mr right for her. took her 16 days since she met him to realize he was better than me. Our relationship lasted about 2 years. the last 4 months being very rocky.

When the relationship ended it took a great great toll on me. I Lived alone, left most of my friends because of my relationship, became very distant from my family and started failing college.

I was suicidal and going through a severe depression.

Even though this was the hardest thing to ever happen to me in my life. I also learned sooo much from it.

Life has many doors...the relarionship door, educarional/career door, Friendship door, Family door, Health door.....The only door I had open was my love relationship door...and once this door closed i was stuck in a room with nowhere to go...literally.

The only place i could resort to was my family ...my poor motger took care of me and would cry everyday watching me suffer and go through so much pain for loosing my girlfriend...I Love my poor mother so much.

I had to be hospitalized over night because i could not eat or sleep....about a month and a halr after this happend my father bought me a plane ticket for a vacation in Colombia to get the lasik surgery done and to visit the people who raised me.

When I went to Colombia i was overwhelmed by the Love and support of my family. Its sad how i had forgotten about people who cared so much about me...I stayed there for about three weeks.

Now back in the US i can say that time does heal. i can now eat better, I no longer feel that cgest pain near my heart. but i do still cry once in a while and i know i will for a few more months.

she has not contacted since she cut me off.

I still wish she would come back. Even though i know that would not be good.

Even though she never contafted me and regected me 100% i could not go 5 dats without sending her a text.

Thanks to the trip i went from July 13 to today without messaging her. What i did do today was text her sister just asking if my ex was soing well ane she said yes.

I still wish she would come back. I can't say if she is making a mistake or not. and thanks to the time i have been apart I now fully understand the reasons that led to the breakup.

jimloveslips

Dude you are obviously doing much better without her. Well done!

Another trite saying "Time heals all wounds" - tried and tested!

You'll go forward with a better understanding of your needs and of those you are hoping to love in the future.

Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful, if it's bad, it's experience.

There's nothing wrong with reminiscing, but dwelling on the past is unhealthy.

You can't change the past, but you can change your future.

Best wishes.

• Like 1
Hello Love Shack community.

For those of you who have not read my story i will give you a short intro.

My ex cut me off suddenly and completely out of her life on May 20th. She had met another guy and the same day she slept with hin was the same day she decided he was mr right for her. took her 16 days since she met him to realize he was better than me. Our relationship lasted about 2 years. the last 4 months being very rocky.

When the relationship ended it took a great great toll on me. I Lived alone, left most of my friends because of my relationship, became very distant from my family and started failing college.

I was suicidal and going through a severe depression.

Even though this was the hardest thing to ever happen to me in my life. I also learned sooo much from it.

Life has many doors...the relarionship door, educarional/career door, Friendship door, Family door, Health door.....The only door I had open was my love relationship door...and once this door closed i was stuck in a room with nowhere to go...literally.

The only place i could resort to was my family ...my poor motger took care of me and would cry everyday watching me suffer and go through so much pain for loosing my girlfriend...I Love my poor mother so much.

I had to be hospitalized over night because i could not eat or sleep....about a month and a halr after this happend my father bought me a plane ticket for a vacation in Colombia to get the lasik surgery done and to visit the people who raised me.

When I went to Colombia i was overwhelmed by the Love and support of my family. Its sad how i had forgotten about people who cared so much about me...I stayed there for about three weeks.

Now back in the US i can say that time does heal. i can now eat better, I no longer feel that cgest pain near my heart. but i do still cry once in a while and i know i will for a few more months.

she has not contacted since she cut me off.

I still wish she would come back. Even though i know that would not be good.

Even though she never contafted me and regected me 100% i could not go 5 dats without sending her a text.

Thanks to the trip i went from July 13 to today without messaging her. What i did do today was text her sister just asking if my ex was soing well ane she said yes.

I still wish she would come back. I can't say if she is making a mistake or not. and thanks to the time i have been apart I now fully understand the reasons that led to the breakup.

Please go NC. It's the only way. Don't text her sis or ask for any info about her. Don't let her know she still has power over you. Get out of her life ASAP

• Like 1

Congrats Toohonest123! Im currently dealing with my depression and have already made appointments to see a doctor. I too have forgotten about all the people around me that actually care about me and are there for me! NC is really hard especially when you love that person with all your heart, but from experience it only makes things worse when you try and contact your ex. Keep it up! Reading your story has given me a little bit of hope that i too can make it through all of this!

• Like 1
  • Author
TooHonest123
Congrats Toohonest123! Im currently dealing with my depression and have already made appointments to see a doctor. I too have forgotten about all the people around me that actually care about me and are there for me! NC is really hard especially when you love that person with all your heart, but from experience it only makes things worse when you try and contact your ex. Keep it up! Reading your story has given me a little bit of hope that i too can make it through all of this!

If i think very very hard about the relationship with my ex I can honestly say i was unhappy. What gives me strength is knowing that

1)I will be better as time goes by

2) I know i can be much much happier with somebody else.

3) That what happend was a learning experience that will help me grow as a person

Sometimes it is from our biggest mistakes that we learn our biggest lessons in life.

What my ex did to me I try to take as a gift. she opened my eyes ...(not towards how i felt about her) but towards how i see life. And it made me realize all the other aspects of my life that. i was failing on. And in doing so...gave me the oportunity to now fix them.

This is our chance to become better people.

To be the Man/Woman we always wanted to become.

Edited by TooHonest123
If i think very very hard about the relationship with my ex I can honestly say i was unhappy. What gives me strength is knowing that

1)I will be better as time goes by

2) I know i can be much much happier with somebody else.

3) That what happend was a learning experience that will help me grow as a person

Sometimes it is from our biggest mistakes that we learn our biggest lessons in life.

What my ex did to me I try to take as a gift. she opened my eyes ...(not towards how i felt about her) but towards how i see life. And it made me realize all the other aspects of my life that. i was failing on. And in doing so...gave me the oportunity to now fix them.

This is our chance to become better people.

To be the Man/Woman we always wanted to become.

I sit here blaming myself for what has happened. I can sit here do this and dwell on it or like you said i can get up face the facts and become a better person out of it! No matter the mistakes we have made, we don't deserve any of this and at no point will they get the satisfaction to run our lives and determine how we feel or what we do. Best of luck to you my friend! hope to hear from you soon with an update on how you are doing