How does he not care whatsoever..

I understand we didn't date that long but how can it go from being so good to this awful? I want to believe he is a good guy but I'm starting to think he isn't at all. I don't get how he goes a month and a half ago basically saying I love you to now having NO feelings. Can feelings really disappear that fast?

Then there is all of the fighting. On Friday, he shoved me into a wall and gave me bruises down my arm (I played my part in the fight, I can't fully blame him and be the victim). Then last night I found he told all of the guys there to **** me so I will be happy because I deserve to be happy. I called him and asked him about this. He denied it saying he never said that and kept saying how he didn't give me the bruises on my arm or shove me and I was full of it. He told me I keep being crazy lately. How screwed up is that? I am just in such disbelief. I am so angry at him. I want to hurt him. I blocked him phone number and told him to never speak to me again. I'm so heartbroken and I wish things were different but I know after all this they never will be. I'm just stuck now not understanding. Where did the guy I fell for go?

Philosoraptor

This is fairly normal. The back and forth as even if you don't want to be with someone you really don't want to lose the connection. Also trying to relieve his own guilt by placing the blame on someone else. All of it makes it easier to break up with someone as being honest is never as easy as blame shifting and avoiding feeling like the bad guy.

• Like 1

yup. hard to believe people can shut off so quickly, but that's how it works. once they've decided they don't want to be with you, they're not going to show you any sympathy or feelings.

Women can be pretty good at this as well believe me. It is hard to understand how someone can be so into you and within weeks not interested anymore. That HURTS but it is part of the human condition. Most people nowadays are fickle and just go for the easy option or something that does need to have any emotional work involved through the ups and downs.