Having trouble meeting people, depressed

Sugarkane

I tried joining meetup but there's only one in my area. It has unusual rules that if you miss one meetup you're out. All the others are in the city. Problem is I live far away and a taxi fare exactly cheap. And I don't want to go back hr on the train by myself. People get attacked late at night.

Mr Scorpio

I assume then that you don't actually live in Milbourne? My understanding is that Milbourne is a rather large city? I digress. My ex had a sister who went thru a terrible seperation. Not only was her husband verbally, emotionally, and at times physically abusive, he cheated on her with her sister-in-law.

After they seperated, she moved in with my ex and I. As fate/luck/God would have it, she met her now husband via an online text-based role-playing game. We're talking the sort of thing that maybe 10,000 people in the world still play. They got to chatting online, then chatted on the phone, then she moved across the country to be with him. They are now happily married with child.

Point being, you just never know where/how/when you might meet someone.

• Author

I live in The outer suburbs, not in The city. I live like 45mins- 1 hour away from the actual city.

• Author

I just wanted to make new friends More than lovers.

Mr Scorpio

Are there places in your suburb where people gather? Bars, parks, malls, bookstores, coffee-shops?

• Author

I've tried bit hadn't been successful. If people are already in a group I find they don't want to let more people in. At least in meetup you know people ate actually wanting to meet new people. If people already ate in a group I find they dint need/ want to make Any new friends.