My fiance left 2 weeks before wedding

pony girl

hi everyone,

I am hoping people may be able to give me some coping mechanisms.

My partner of 11 years left me for a woman he met on the internet.

He decided to leave me 13 days before our wedding.

Now 2 months on, he has flown to the other side of planet and spent a week with this girl and tried to take $6000 out of our joint account to purchase her an engagement ring.

I was able to stop the $6000 transaction, but he did manage to put the ring on his credit card.

I do wish him all the happiness in the world, though, he will never the pain he created for me.

I am just wondering if anyone has any ways of being able to help cope with some or all the issues he has created for me.

I am really struggling with what is so wrong with me and why would he choose to leave me for some girl he never met.

I can not see this girl for anything other then dispicable as she told him to leave me and now is happy to say yes to marrying him after 1 week of meeting him.

I just need a way to move on ... im really struggling, please help.

Are you still in touch with him?

Has he contacted you, or tried to give you any explanation whatsoever?

Maybe, in time you'll be able to see the benefit of having dodged a bullet....rather than abandoning you at the altar (virtually) he could have been a world-class cheater...

i'm so sorry...

Is your family supportive?

What about his family?

Whatever you do, safeguard yourself on a practical level... freeze the bank account, or move all you can into a personal account, if it's a joint one...

any jointly-owned property, like a car...?

Mortgage?

Rental agreement?

• Author

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

He has never given and explanation. Just he cant explain it and it was something he had to do.

Today he was the most horrendous person I have evet met. Threatening every thing that is dear to me. I did react with yelling back .... but in hindsight that doesnt make things any better.

My family are being so good and I do have small group of friends who have been there to listen every step of the way. Probably have all heard it over and over again.

His family turned there back and look to have embraced the whole idea. But im not in there family discussions, this is just how it seems to me.

He just returned today. And he is not staying at house with me.

We do have a mortgage together and money in the joint account.

This is going to be a long road for the both of us, as he wants to sell everything and move overseas for his wedding ASAP and I would like to see the back of him too. But we are now at a point where I made him a fair offer (i think) and he initially agreed, and now has changed his mind on the offer.

I hate that he calls me money hungry B**** .. and much worse, but was happy to take funds out of our joint account to buy his new fiance was happy for him to use her phone to call our country and take $6000 from our account.

I do want this all behind me and I truly believe I have emotionally detached from this man (just not from what he has done to me).

I just need to get through these next few months ... but I dont think he is prepared for how long it will all take for settlement etc. So i think there is going to be alot more bad days coming my way when he doesnt get what he wants when he wants it.

you need legal advice, and fast.

Are you seeing a lawyer?

where is he aiming to move to?

Is he American?

I just need a way to move on ... im really struggling, please help.

How about knowing this relationship is going to implode badly.

He sounds unstable and foolish. He may even have some mental health issues. I suggest you go to counseling. A quick way to get things started is to go to the library and look for books on self healing and healing from a broken relationship.

Sorry you went through that. Consider yourself LUCKY you didn't marry an unstable moron with serious issues.

• Author

Thankyou everyone for taking the time to reply and give advice.

How about knowing this relationship is going to implode badly.

I think sometimes thats all that makes me get up and out of bed ... is hoping this will fail.

I know i shouldnt hope for that, and instead just be able to focus on moving on ... but I cant help but hate him for what he has done and hope it doesnt work out so he is stuck in a foreign country married to some girl he just met.

I think it all sounds to ridiculous to be true sometimes and its all a bad dream.