its over...again. really struggling

lovelylashes

lovelylashes

Ok so me and my boyfriend broke up last year. I struggled with the break up alot and didnt handle it all that well. I used to text him all the time to the point of him telling me to leave him alone. Eventually it got easier but we stayed in contact with the odd text mostly initiated by me.

We met up once, had sex and then i didnt hear from him after that for about three days, but strangely although i felt upset at first i got over it. So we started texting again and i thought we could start a relationship so i asked him if he wanted to go the movies, for a drink etc. There was always an excuse as to why he couldnt go. But when it came down to me going up to his he was always up for that so i quickly realised he didnt want me he was just using me for sex.

So when i asked if we could sort things out properly and that i wanted it to be about more than just sex and could we meet up he basically said he is having problems right now so its best if we cut contact all together.

I dont know why but i have that horrible feeling in my stomach like i did when we first broke up. I dont know why because i know he wasnt right for me, he didnt treat me with any respect. Its like day one of the break up all over again but im determined to walk away with some self respect this time.

Never accept crumbs from a man. You know you deserve better than that, so why are you so weak and will allow a man to treat you that way? What's in it for you, really? A little bit of attention? Don't waste your time pursuing someone who doesn't respect you and only uses you. If you don't respect yourself enough to get rid of guys like this, or break it off completely with guys like this, then you have to ask yourself why that is. You're telling yourself you deserve better, but your actions belie your words. If we allow ourselves to be treated badly by people, then we are not protecting or loving ourselves. I'd say you have some self esteem issues that you need to work on if you allow yourself to be treated this way.

It's good that you're realising that he didn't treat you with respect. Better late than never.

Use that knowledge to cut contact with that man. Put strength out of it.

Even if it feels like day 1 of the break-up, you're moving forward. It's a different type of post break-up because you know you won't go back to him.

He caused you so much pain, don't forget that.

Good luck.

• Like 2