Heartbroken after a week!!! !!!!

Laurakiam

Hi there im new to this so please bare with me :)

Last week I started talking to a guy that i had known for a few years but never kept in contact as werent exactly friends, we just knew each other. he had a girlfriend and a new baby at the time, then, i quite fancied him and he was abit of a bad boy but never thought twice about persuing anything. So yeah we got talking last week through fb and i found out that he had been seperated from his ex for 14 months and started to give the impression he wanted to start to get to know me, which of course i was happy with as like i said hes a bit of a lad and soo good looking.

Throughout the past week hes been sayin such nice things to me and been making me feel so special, we have met 2 times and done nothing more then kiss and cuddle but it just seemed perfect. Even when his mates come round they teased that hed been talking about me and that he liked me.

Yesterday i went round to see him and stay night and even though he said he wanted me round i spent most of the afternoon/evening with his mum while he was doing his thing with his mates. I chose not to say anything until gone 12 in the morning as i was tired anyway but wanted to know what the hell was going on. To cut the next bit short he basically decided that i was probably filling the gap of his ex and that he was confused and i was reading too much into things. He started crying (i think about his ex) so i gave him a cuddle and said youll work things out and got a taxi home as i thought it be best.

However i literally feel heartbroken. Its like my world has stopped. I cant stop thinking about him and all the things he said to me and the way he made me feel. What the hell is wrong with me?it was only just over a week but im crying like it was a few years. Please someone give me some advice im soo hurt and confused.

Many thanks

Laurakiam x

Philosoraptor

What is your relationship history? This will help us examine this further as your reaction is very much out of the ordinary for meeting someone just a couple times. Have you been dumped recently? Not in one for awhile? Abandonment issues? etc. Anything notable that might have played into your rection here?

The only thing that I can see here is that you had fancied him for awhile and the reality wasn't nearly as sweet as the fantasy.

He was honest with you at least.

Edited by Philosoraptor
  • Author

I have just got out of a 3 year relationship where we had ended up just being really good mates. Before that i was in a relationship for 1yr n a half and i was pretty cut up as it was the infamous '1st' love.

I know my reaction is far from normal which is why i decided to post about it. I literally feel like i was inlove with him in a week! What the hell its just draining i want to get over it

Many thanks

Laurakiam x

Philosoraptor

How recent was your breakup? If it was recent, then you probably jumped in head first trying to find familiar feelings, rather than taking it slow and letting things develop.

• Author

It was the day before we started talking so instantly. I think you and he are right i deffinately jumped in and read well to much into it. I guess i got mixed signals as he said he really liked me to and wanted to see how things went.

The funny thing is is that im not even half as upset about my 3 year relationship as i am about this week thing.

Philosoraptor

It doesn't always hit right away, especially when you try to slam a bandaid on it... but it will come. Have a support system ready. I wish you the best in your healing.

theories_galore

I feel the same way! Was dating a girl for a few weeks and it was going very very well. All of a sudden, the brakes hit. Told me she wasn't looking for anything serious right now. totally understand. But, it still hurts! No idea why...so I know what it feels like! It's confusing

• Author

Glad to know that im not the only one out there!sorry to hear that it didnt work out for you, yeah too right its soo confusing and it shouldnt be just after a week or two!