meditation

maylis

Since my breakup 4 weeks ago I decided about 2 weeks in to start meditation. I am someone who has problems with social anxiety from time to time too. I really think it has been helping me a lot, especially telling yourself positive phrases as well. It is the first thing I do in the morning for 10 minutes. I start out counting my breathing and then after a few minutes I say positive phrases. You guys should try it, I can see the difference in days where I didn't give myself time in the morning to meditate and the days where I did.

• Author
Are you doing it on your own, or are you using a book or meditation program for guidance?

No I just do it on my own, I don't think a book is required. It is just something simple to help with nerves and to stop the distraction that kept happening after the breakup.

I like using Meditation for Dummies by Stephan Bodian because it talks about how to breathe, the position the tongue should be in while meditating, and the posture you should have while sitting in the chair.

Thank you so much for reminding me about meditation. Forgot about it. I have to start doing it again. It really, really helps. The book talks alot about finding your true self and letting go of stress. I don't have it, I got it from the library, but I am going to order it from Amazon today. Thanks again.