Checklist of things to do after a Break Up?

ThatDudeXO

I was thinking of writing a check list of things to do after a break up, to make it simple and practical to realise what your goals are once you've been dumped or dumped and you still love the other person but realise you have to move on. So when we've looked at this check-list and ticked all the boxes off, you realise you are good to move on!

I'd like to see what you guys can come up with too!

First and foremost for me it is:

1 - Call or see a friend whose shared similar experiences or knows about deep emotional connections.

I learnt that even my bestest friends are terrible friends when it comes to breakup advice and the most unlikeliest of friends to be the best at it. I think they need to have known or experienced such an emotional connection for them to give you proper advice. All in all it makes you closer to your friends when you're done.

2 - ???

2-stay away from booze and drugs, they will keep you down.

3-focus solely on yourself, this is a time to be selfish. If anything or anyone brings you down leave them be for awhile. Cut ties in a dignified manor so that at a future date friendship may potentially be re-established. (I learned this the hard way, I set fires to bridges in anger)

4-SET GOALS!! This will keep your brain busy and as you achieve them you will build confidence.

5-This may be one of the most important, DO NOT BEG. For your ex, for a friend, nothing! You must keep your dignity and self respect!

6-take a hard look at yourself, you are not guilt free. Chances are you did things in the relationship that caused it to go south as well. Work on these issues so when you have the next opportunity to care deeply for someone you will not make the same mistakes twice.

All these suggestions are from a person who did the TOTAL opposite, so I learned from experience. Hopefully those who read this advice will not walk the same path I did!

• Like 2

7 : Get in the best physical shape of your life. Get Fit, eat well, detox and pamper yourself with haircuts manicures and things that make you look and feel a million dollars.

8 : Spend time with friends and family and the people who love and support you no matter what. Rebuild the relationships you neglected while with your Ex. Use your spare time to help and play with those people who are still in your life and want you in theirs.

9 : Hide all pictures and reminders of the broken relationship from your every day life. Block/delete or restrict ex from social networking sites like FaceBook. Unsubscribe to their and their friends feeds and make a solid effort not to look at their page for info.

10 : Get out and be social. Travel if you can. Get out of town. Meet new people and have fun. Go to concerts, have BBQs and invite friends to do things with you. Try knew things, flirt and be open to new people and new experiences.

• Like 2
Philosoraptor

11) Find forgiveness for both yourself and your ex. This will lead to peace with the situation and allow you to fully heal.

• Author

12) Know that there will always be someone better waiting for you. If this person found the heart to end the relationship with you, it means they don't love you enough. You will find someone who loves you as much as you love them.