Insight ...

adorablebabiii

adorablebabiii

HI LS,

im just a little confused.. and any insight if possible would be nice from anyone.

Me and my ex broke up a month in a half ago.. And ever since the break up they have been out at the clubs.. everything weekend since then. It is now to the point of where they are coming up super drunk, throwing up etc.. But when before they never went out, the hardly drink.. NOTHING!

So is this a way to possibly "cope"? Just wondering!!

Philosoraptor

Avoidance is one path taken when hurting. Not a good path at all, but they've made such a choice. I took that path once and it got me nowhere but a delayed hurt.

• Author
adorablebabiii

Yeah i Guess thats what they are doing.. It just drives me crazy!!! Everytime they call me.. They either went out the night before or going out tonight. Makes no sense, but i guess if thats what he wants then nothing i can do for him

Who is "they"? Your ex and his new girlfriend? Or his friends?

At any rate, getting drunk might help him cope in the moment, but it will not help in the long run. Plus, who wants to vomit and be hungover all the time? When my ex and I split, I didn't drink for weeks. Alcohol can help one to relax, but it is also a major depressant. I knew it would send me into a crying frenzy if I drank too much. I hope you are not drinking in order to cope.

And you're right, you can't do anything for him. Don't answer when he calls drunk. If it doesn't stop, message him (get it in writing) that if he doesn't stop you're going to file a report with the police because you do not want to be harrassed.