How do you meet people after a breakup?

Berlington Bob

Berlington Bob

I was with my ex 5 1/2 years.She became my best friend. Also, durring that time I guess I just stopped meeting new friends. I still have some of my old friends but man... sitting around and smoking weed talking about really dimb stuff just doesn't sound as fun as it used to in high school. I lost my job about a month ago (way to kick me when im down N) and I had to move back in with my parents until I can find a place to live. I feel I can't really date until I move out (try telling a girl you are 28, just got out of an engagement 2 weeks ago and now live with your parents...) and I cant really think of anywhere to go to meet people (friends or dates).

Anyone have/had the same problem? How do you guys meet new people? Anyone have success dating? maybe some cool way to refer to your parents as roommates like in Grandma's Boy?

Keep in mind its November and I live in MN. The sun is up for like 5-6 hours a day if that and its starting to get cold enough where people dont go outside until march.

i know that in MN a lot of booze is consumed during winter. Its a Nordic thing. Ergo, there must be a lot of house parties. Get invited to those.

• Author
Berlington Bob

Haha

Step 1: Steal underpants

Step 2:

Step 3: Get invited to house parties.

Joking. Yeah Ive been starting to expand my friend circles but its slow. I guess there are always bars.

ok call me crazy. i know what you mean about up north...cold and dark.

stay away from the weed and booze. lol. really try online. yep give it a try.

seriously, until you get a job...(1) put in those applications (of something that you like and involves your passion, to keep you upbeat),

(2) start setting up a match.com (really look into it). tell them on your profile, you go to "MNU"

(minnesota unemployment):p. but MNU sounds like a university. hehe.

use a sense of humor...

but seriously, at least begin to set up a match..com acct or something. say "on you're on your way to implementing what really matters to you and contributes to the world!"

and you need to figure out what that is. be honest. live with parents now but only temporary. but life is short and its good to be family oriented. : )

(3) maybe start playing a MMORPG game. Massively Multiplayer online role-playing game.

i dont mean weird role playing. just fun games. where you can game and chat and make some new friends. the only thing is they will be all over the country. but who is to say your soul mate is 5 feet away from you. it may be 500 miles.

(4) What are you hobbies? go to places where you like things and others have in common what you like. example. art....go to art museums...photography . see if free workshops.

(5) aol chat live rooms in your area. or chats with again...with a specific thing you like. steven king book lovers...(ug lol)..whatever.

really use the internet. it can be a blessing or a curse. make it a blessing. be a blessing to someone else. (6) if a family member knows a girl who is interesting...dont shrug it off. try to go on a date. (7) if you fellowship in your religion...look into that. meetings events. and beleive it or not..its good to pray for guidance....and to meet a better fit for you.

i am sorry you lost your love of 5 1/2 years who was aslo your best friend. i know what that is like ...all too well. it stings/hurts to the core and you feel lost. and when times are rough like now...it really stinks even more.

its good you came here. i am not saying use this as a base to meet people. but there have been people on here who met and married. lol so anything is possible right? just keep believing...work on yourself and go to your highest self you can be and like. others will like and be attracted to it too in time. its a great sign , that you didnt want to just go sitting around smoking weed. instead you came here to look for something much more meaningful and in the right direction. that says quite a bit. go you!

wow wilsonx, cool site. who knew these places existed online? see you find them online. my point exactly.

@plasma. fist fist pumping? if you mean cheer him on? nah...i'm not done. theres lots of ways you can get info to meet today...and yeah, its online. :p