Woah, suddenly I'm angry. want to call out the ex.

DontWorryBHappy

DontWorryBHappy

Hey guys. So, My ex broke up with me 6 months ago. I was utterly, completely, unquestionably devastated. His only reason was that he didn't love me anymore and apparently he "didnt know how to love". I loved him deeply, so it killed me. A month and a half later he tried to get back with me and that lasted a WEEK because he told me he was still too messed up. So... several more months passed, and it was months of misery for me. Every once in a while I would text him something like "hopefully in the future we can work out" or something like that. He never responded to anything, leaving me in pain every damn day. I reached out to him a few weeks ago after being waaaay more over the whole thing. And we actually met up for a milkshake. It went alright. Saw him again a couple days ago and actually brought up the past. He didn't really want to talk about it, saying stuff like "words can only saw so much, I think everything has been said." I asked him what he had been thinking during the time that he had ignored me. He said that for a while he didn't want anything to do with me. Or anyone. I kind of let it go and changed the subject and we had fun for the rest of the evening.

But now I have this weird anger. The anger comes from the fact that I was in endless pain for months, and he wanted to avoid all that drama, and the only reason he's talking to me again is because I'm not giving him **** anymore. It just pisses me off. Like all that pain I had to go through.. like he didn't give a **** about it or something. Because he "didn't want anything to do with me". That was after he broke my heart a second time. Does that sound like someone who cares at all, in any way, shape, or form???? Is it crazy that this is ANGERING me so much?

It really sound to me like there is no chance of ever making this one work. No, you are right, it sounds like he just doesn't care. And it's not your fault.

Perhaps take his own words to be the truth when he said he doesn't know how to love.

And no, it's not crazy that you are angry. The anger is just one of the stages in the grieving process.