I'm failing at being okay...

ColettesDream

ColettesDream

A little back story: I'm 15. I'm young and stupid and reckless. I started dating this guy from my school in April. It was going okay until he left on vacation in July and ended up cheating on me/leaving me for another girl (his story is very contradicting and vague, so I really don't know.)

I didn't take the break-up too bad. I knew that if it wasn't meant to be, it wasn't mean to be. I was fine for a whole month. I managed to forget all the promises he broke, knowing that it was stupid to believe all the things he said at 15. I no longer love him the way that I did. I will never ever want to be with this sicko again.

But the problem is is that I can't let it go. He came back about a month ago and it's horrible seeing him at school. He wants to be friends with me but every time I hang around him, I end up feeling insulted, worthless and ugly. I feel sick every time I see the picture in his locker of his new girlfriend, which is a lot because the jerk leaves his locker open for the whole world to see. Once we talked after school and he told me that he never thought that I cared about him. He's making me feel like it was MY fault and I know that it ISNT. He's been constantly manipulative, even when I was with him. I don't know what to do.

I don't want to go through the rest of my highschool life being unhappy. I want to feel okay again. I want to let it all go but it's hard because there are so many things that remind me of him. I'm sick of all of this. He was the one who made me feel confident and beautiful. But he seems to have taken that away when he left. I want to feel complete all on my own, for once.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I feel too embarrassed to talk to my family about this, so maybe someone who isn't emotionally involved can help me a bit.

Lots of love, Colie.

Oh hun you are not stupid ! It's so normal . Trust me , they won't last anyway . When my ex left I felt ugly and boring and still do . Like you said , he took that away from me . don't let him do that . Now I don't want to sound like I'm lecturing you since I'm older , but please don't let guys ruin things for you , you are so young , god I wish I did things differently then .

Look after yourself and do as much as you can to make highschool fun . You will look back one day and laugh . Get your confidence back and kick ass . Show him what his missing . You sound really mature , don't lose that .be classy around him as hard as it will be .

He is a jerk . Xxx

Bruised Not Broken

Oh sweetie...you have nothing to be embarassed about. I'm 40 and I got my heart broken because I believed what some man told me. And truth be told...it never gets easier to get hurt like this. But...the lesson all of us women need to come away with is not to put our value in what a man thinks does or says. (or boy in your case) You have years to meet many many wonderful guys that will treat you right. Just make sure you weed out the one's that won't value you as you should be. :) keep your chin up hun!