need encouragement to get through this

abuckeyeleaf

abuckeyeleaf

So last week when I dropped my ex's stuff at his car when I was in the area, he Texted me excuses as to why he needs to see me to give me my things, and can't just mail it. Well today I realized thst I realized I was fsntasizing about what he was going to say if I saw him and thst I cannot handle seeing him. I asked him via text to just mail my things. All he said was ok. And now for some reason I am falling apart. I really need some encouragement to get through this. We've been been broken up a month on Monday and I feel like I'm back at square one.

You did the right thing. It's hard, because now it's really over isn't it? Returning possessions and your lives are free to diverge. This is the first real step, and you are handling it well. Good for you.

• Author
abuckeyeleaf

Yes but he doesn't have all of his things back. I'm willing to count mine as a loss but he was texting last week about NEEDING to meet up to give my stuff back ans wanting two dvds back. So is he just gonna drop the dvds? I miss him so much it is killing me. I feel as much pain now as the day we broke up.

brokenheartedinaz

Yeah my ex said he would easily meet up with me to give me my things when I'm ready since I'm not in a hurry. I asked him to mail them and he didn't. I haven't seen him since he left me and that was 5 weeks ago.

Duckduckgoose

My exH did the same thing, I had to be very persistent to get the things back I was gonna get. Most of what he took I didn't realize till after we'd both signed the divorce papers, and I spent a lot of money replacing them.

Maybe if your things aren't that important to you, and he is holding them hostage, just tell him he can keep them since it's so important to him that he HAS to see you to give them back. It will take a few weeks, but once it sinks in to him that he can't keep strings on you by keeping your stuff, you will likely get it back, and on your terms.

Best of luck!