How do I handle what was supposed to be our anniversary day?

Kathyy28

It was supposed to be this upcoming Monday. 2 months has passes and I feel like I've been in an emotional roller coaster. Some weeks I'm depressed while other's I feel like I progressed so much that I'm finally moving on. This past two weeks has been an emotional hell and the fact that what was supposed to be our anniversary day is coming up makes it so much harder. I miss him so much, but I know I get nothing out of contacting him. The person who he's have turned out to be ever since our break up is someone who I wouldn't want to associate with, although I feel like it is all just his way of coping and trying to act "tough" in front of everyone.

Why can't I let go of this selfish, heartless guy, who has done and said things on purpose to hurt me after our break up. Why? I just don't get it.

July 25th will be a trigger for me and I'm sure I'll feel like ****, no two ways about it. The only thing I can suggest is to accept this as what it is - an important date that still has a lot of meaning for you and will hurt, it shows you're human and perfectly normal, feeling like this. You loved someone and they've gone, you're allowed to hurt and these triggers often cause more hurt. I bet you also have places that remind you of how things were too.

He may have changed, but you still have fond memories of what he was like. Yeah, know what that's like. The ex is still very much on that pedestal and only time and healing will take them off it. You can't force yourself to heal, it will just happen, but these triggers will always set you back a bit. You will get past them though and carry on healing, but for now, just try and keep busy, do something special on that day so you're not alone and thinking too much.

Stay strong, you're not alone.

"Ours" is coming up too, in a week. I handle it by remembering how he didn't give a f*** about it when we were together, so that's an easy one for me.

I suggest you plan to do something especially fun that day or that night, that will keep your mind off him. Don't let yourself stay on your own and reminisce.