Anxiety Much?

I have been obsessively following this site for a few weeks now, We broke up about a month and a half ago and its pretty much the same reasons I read about on here. I know what I need to do and I have to admit im bouncing around through different emotions every day. One day I have that strong independent, I will survive mentality and the next I just want to break down..

Aside from that, Im currently having very bad anxiety at night and I have literally tried everything to stop my thoughts and just calm down and go to bed but nothing works. I cant stop thinking about him, I cant stop thinking about the fact that im unemployed and things just keep going wrong. I try to stay positive and tell myself to move on but nothing.

It takes hours to fall asleep, how can i stop these obsessive and constant thoughts as well as these OCD habits I have suddenly began. Yesterday it was so bad, it led me to picking up the phone and contacted him although I have been strict NC for about 2 weeks. Of course, it did not go well.

If I am able to fix this problem, I will definitely have the motivation need to just move on.

I need to sleep, I need to rest. I need help!

TaintedHeart
I have been obsessively following this site for a few weeks now, We broke up about a month and a half ago and its pretty much the same reasons I read about on here. I know what I need to do and I have to admit im bouncing around through different emotions every day. One day I have that strong independent, I will survive mentality and the next I just want to break down..

Aside from that, Im currently having very bad anxiety at night and I have literally tried everything to stop my thoughts and just calm down and go to bed but nothing works. I cant stop thinking about him, I cant stop thinking about the fact that im unemployed and things just keep going wrong. I try to stay positive and tell myself to move on but nothing.

It takes hours to fall asleep, how can i stop these obsessive and constant thoughts as well as these OCD habits I have suddenly began. Yesterday it was so bad, it led me to picking up the phone and contacted him although I have been strict NC for about 2 weeks. Of course, it did not go well.

If I am able to fix this problem, I will definitely have the motivation need to just move on.

I need to sleep, I need to rest. I need help!

I'm going through the same thing. You just keep asking yourself the same questions over and over..Then you wake up, panic, get that horrible feeling of your heart sinking to you stomach then the questions start all over again.

I was mentally drained, get yourself to the doctors, he/she will give you something to help you calm down or will give you something to help you sleep. After a few days your mind will feel less cluttered, but the pain will remain I'm afraid.

• Author

You know what it just way too unhealthy. The fact that I lay awake and fantasize about how we are one day going to make up. And the way he will come back begging for me. I don't want to do that because I know it's wrong.

I agree with you, the pain is there and it hurts. It hurts like hell but I want nothing more then to have time pass by. And I want to heal in the process and work on myself because I sure as hell know that I have a lot I need to fix.

In order to get through this, I need to find a solution to the sleeping problem and I will advise a doctor and take your advice. I would also very much like to control the temptations I have of contacting him..

You know what it just way too unhealthy. The fact that I lay awake and fantasize about how we are one day going to make up. And the way he will come back begging for me. I don't want to do that because I know it's wrong.

I agree with you, the pain is there and it hurts. It hurts like hell but I want nothing more then to have time pass by. And I want to heal in the process and work on myself because I sure as hell know that I have a lot I need to fix.

In order to get through this, I need to find a solution to the sleeping problem and I will advise a doctor and take your advice. I would also very much like to control the temptations I have of contacting him..

You're right, fantasizing about a reunion is not healthy, Dua and you have the added challenge of stopping such thoughts though you lean toward obsessive thinking. *sigh* I'm really sorry.

A month and a half is not long at all though, so you're doing well, believe it or not. :). If you're not already being treated for OCD, getting some help will work wonders. Also reminding yourself that your unemployed state is only adding to the anxiety, can help you keep the allure of your ex in perspective.

Exercise Dua, if you don't already. Get thee to a doctor. Try and stop thoughts of him "at the gate" rather than allow them into your mind where they'll run rampant. Don't let yourself fantasize and instead change thoughts and focus on something else.

Continued healing!

TaintedHeart

I do the same, as do many others I'm guessing. I have no idea why we do this to ourselves, maybe it's a way of coping. God know's!

Everytime you want to contact him think of how the last phone call went and how you felt after. I'm pretty sure you felt worse if anything.

You went NC for 2 weeks, so you can do it.

Everytime you want to contact him come on here, or just simply think about what you will gain from hurting yourself again.