Help, he is stringing me along!! right?

shell39

First Time here and having difficulty with breaking up.

We've been together for 3 years, the last 2 of which he agreed to move the relationship forward into sharing our lives together in my home. (he still lives with his parents) we are both 39.

Whenever I bring up "well when are you going to move in", he always has some excuse or another. I've been patient, and his last promise of the date to move in, came and went , it's been 3 months since the last date set to move in. I warned him that I was not going to wait any longer, that it was becoming quite obvious that he really did not want to live together and share our lives together. He always replies "yes I do, I love you and want to spend the rest of our lives together".

Geez, how stupid can I be. I have been strung along long enough!!

My problem is this; I told him I do not want to see him anymore, and that the relationship is over (I've done this before) and I know he will call, come over etc and beg me again to wait and set another date to move in, I always cave in. I am so confused, he says he loves me, wants to share his life together and move in but he just never does. I feel like I have been strung along way too long. I want it over! Done!!

I am feeling so hurt that he keeps stringing me along and so confused that he is doing this to me. I know, I know , I've allowed him to do this to me. It is just that I really did want to share my life with him and I am devasted at the realization that it just is not going to happen and it is time for me to let this relationship go. I doubt myself that I have the strength to really keep my word and ending it and not letting his boo hoo's snag me again.

Any advice?

ArdeaCandidissima

Is everything good in the relationship except for this one issue?

Does he have a REASON as to why he won't move in? I would take some time and try to really understand it.

This doesn't seem like enough of an issue to break up over, but the constant string along would get to me. Yes, it's clear that he, for some reason we can't fathom, doesn't want to move in with you and most likely never will. Accept that and re-evaluate the relationship on those terms.