A girl I knew...

hoopsy32

As some of you may know, I'm in the Army Reserves... last summer I was in Ft. Leonard Wood for about 5 months... a little over 4 of those months, I lived with about 65 other females and about 250 males. None of those soldiers ended up with me in my company, none of them I have seen since graduation day. A lot of them were shipped to Germany and Korea right after we graduated, many of them went to Iraq since then. This article is of a female that I went to training with, I didn't know her that well because she was not in my platoon, but I was shocked, scared, and very sad when one of my drill sergeants e-mailed it to me...

http://www.jsonline.com/news/state/oct03/180907.asp

It says she was the second female to die in Iraq.

HokeyReligions

I remember reading this before somewhere. It is a shock to find out someone you knew and a peer has died, and in such a way.

Let your family hug you a lot - they are scared too! In fact - cyber-sister-hugs from me!

Fort "Lost in the woods" - Familiar with that place.

:( That's so terrible. I know what you're going through. One of my cohorts was killed in a car wreck, while home emergency leave. I hope you're gonna be alright.

Many hugs from me...