Do you dream of your exes or what you wish your exes would do?

dressing up

dressing up

I dreamed that my guy friend emailed me to ask why I hadn't contacted him. It's probably because I think about why he hasn't contacted me and the dream formed itself from my thoughts.

In the dream, I was surprised he contacted me via email but nonetheless glad.

Now I'm in reality, knowing he hasn't and likely won't contact me. :sick:

threebyfate

Yes, your dream is pretty self-explanatory.

The only ex dream I ever had or recall is that a friend and I were at some kind of auditorium. We were sitting on the bleachers chit-chatting when I looked up and there was the ex, sitting on one of those trapeze swings, high above everyone else, trying desperately to listen to our conversation! :laugh:

• Author
dressing up

At least yours was funny!

I know I shouldn't but I'm willing my guy friend to contact me! Now!

threebyfate

It doesn't work that way with exes. You have to wish with all your might and heart, that they won't contact you or want back. Then...guaranteed, they contact and want back!

• Author
dressing up
It doesn't work that way with exes. You have to wish with all your might and heart, that they won't contact you or want back. Then...guaranteed, they contact and want back!

Most of my exes don't contact me anyway even though I wish they would. :D

Okay, let me try your method.

threebyfate
Most of my exes don't contact me anyway even though I wish they would. :D

Okay, let me try your method.

Try it. It hasn't failed me once. The only problem was that I really didn't want the majority of them back. :laugh:
  • Author
dressing up
Try it. It hasn't failed me once. The only problem was that I really didn't want the majority of them back. :laugh:

Oh, I don't want him back in the way of getting into a relationship with. I only want to trash things out with him.

Feelin Frisky

I often have dream involving my longest term love. She made a deep impression on my soul and we didn't part badly. We were inter-racial and that was kinda difficult so a lot of the dreams are dramas about that.

• Author
dressing up
I often have dream involving my longest term love. She made a deep impression on my soul and we didn't part badly. We were inter-racial and that was kinda difficult so a lot of the dreams are dramas about that.

Did you ever dream you were back together?

I had a dream last night. My ex fiance grabbed my hand looked me deep in the eyes and said "I truly love you, I am so sorry what I did to you.. do you think we can still get married?" I smiled at him and said "no we cant, f**k off" I walked away, and then I woke up and said to myself "too bad it was just a dream".

Interesting thread :)

I used to dream about my ex coming back in my life, and then most of the time I rejected him.

But in reality, I do know he won't be coming back and it's a relief to me.

I dream about my ex at least once every 2 weeks. It always ends with her hurting me in the dream and I wake up feeling awful. I dreamed about being friends with the person she is dating... that was messed up.

collegeguy_24

I still dream about my ex almost every single night. The few times I don't dream about her are the nights I'm passed out drunk.

Duckduckgoose

I have dreamed a little about my exH. It just my subconscious trying to work out something about him, I realize.

I dreamed about an ex-bf for a LONG time, on and off. I finally connected with him through FB recently and we caught up, and the dreams have stopped.

I dreamed about this ex, and we had conversations and I was learning details of his life that I otherwise would not know... it was pretty crazy ****. There was even one dream I had soon after my exH had left me that the ex-bf showed up in the dream and was comforting me while the exH was being a jerk to me.

It was kind of nice actually.

No, there is no hope of reconciliation between me and the ex-bf, we did our thing on and off for several years and it just wasn't working... maybe in the next life. Whatever was there is powerful that's for damn sure.

My ex has popped into a few dreams. And yes, usually in some kind of manner I'd wish I'd get when awake.

Feelin Frisky
Did you ever dream you were back together?

When she is in my dreams we haven't broken up so there's no sense of getting "back together". Perhaps that sense is at issue when people break up badly and hate each other. We didn't. We just wanted different things and parted. But the love carried on for a while until an event which put the nail in. After that she moved away and it was just over with time. She did however call me once to say she was sorry for being a bitch over that incident. So, we're reconciled in my mind and I still think of her fondly.

I have dreams about my ex randomly. Only one time last week.. they don't bother me when I'm awake but they sure are interesting. They have always woken me up too... he'll do something and I wake up like I had a nightmare.

I had a dream that I walked away from him and he was looking for me.. I never showed up and BAM! I'm awake. The other night I had a dream where I had to call him for an emergency and he said "I love you," I woke up BAM with my stomach flipping over.

All my dreams aren't of me missing him, but of me walking away... I like them cause they are almost therapeutic!

JustEmptyInside

I'll reluctantly admit that over the last few months since the break I'll usually dream about her maybe 3-5 nights a week.

In some she will come back, in some it's like she never left. But they all wind up with us together. Maybe that's a reflection that I'm nowhere near as far along healing as I should be. I would have expected some to have me being strong and telling her off for all that she did to me, but I just don't have it in me I guess. Not easy when you still love them.

The sad part is that most of them I remember pretty vividly when I wake up. The day following one of these dreams is usually pretty awful, as the dreams of what was/what could have been are enough to throw me right back into depression.

Hopefully once I get back on track to healing in reality - better dreams will follow.