An ex should not be friends with your family members!

LoveTNT

I rather not have my ex talking to my cousins. He's tried so hard to not even say a word to me and make it seem like everything was all my fault, but yet he can hang with my cousins. He met him through me and my cousin is getting married this summer and the ex has been invited. It feels like I'm the ****en ex and he's the cousin.

He's been so mad and angry with me for most of the time we've been broken up and now he's going to party with my cousin and show up at my family members wedding?!

I'm not trying to be childish, I've just gone through so much trying to get over this and move forward and now I have to deal with him being friends with my family and showing up at the wedding. I'm still trying to let him go you know and this sets things into a funky state. I just want him gone.

I have never been in a situation like this. All my past exes respect and move on. I believe that if you don't have kids with an ex, then you just don't have any relationships with their family what so ever. Respect people.

It's ridiculous.

Imagine if that respect went both ways and you respected his wishes to remain friends with your cousin. Respect can't always be directed inwards.

However, I do agree that there is a fine line in dealing with a breakup and mutual family and friends issues. But, then again, what's someone to do? Just drop those people out of their life like a hot potato just because they broke up with you? Unless your cousin is female, there's not much you can do except be civil at the wedding. I'm sure he's not all too worked up about causing drama at someone's wedding, but if your cousin respect's him enough to invite him then, well, it just is what it is at this point. You can continue to get all worked up about something you have no control over, or you can just respect their individual wishes and leave it at that.

Remember, it's not always just about you and your wishes. You could try on your next boyfriend that you just don't introduce him to your family. Keep him a secret for your entire relationship. Or introduce him to your family, but control who he can and cannot be friends with.