His psycho ex-girlfriend is scaring the piss out of me!

Cara99011

About a month ago, I found out the guy I am seeing had a girlfriend of 4 years. I found out because she caught us in bed together. It really freaked us both out, so we have been playing it cool for awhile and not seeing each other as much.

Well, the past week or so, strange and scary things have been happening. Like 2 days ago, I got a letter in the mail saying that I better watch my back. It was an anonymous letter. Then the next morning I woke up and my tires were slashed! And last night, I was driving home from a friend's house and a car got behind me with their bright lights on and they were following me so close and I couldn't lose them. It really scared me. Finally, they backed off but they followed me for at least 10 minutes.

I know that it is his ex-girlfriend. She is really psycho. I am getting kind of scared to leave the house. What should I do about this??

VASH THE STAMPEDE

You need to contact your local POLICE DEPARTMENT and report this right away it could mean your life.

VASH THE STAMPEDE

You know the woman is NUTS why are you still seeing her man???

You are really putting your self in harm's way.

this post can't be real because I can't imagine anyone having these things happen to them; receiving threatening mail, having tires slashed, being followed closely.....and not having the common sense to report it to the local police department. It's too much of a no-brainer.

Why a no-brainer? The evidence is not that great - one unsigned letter. She can claim that it was this person who did it but I wonder how far that will go unless she has more concrete evidence. Still, it is certainly worth talking to the police and finding out what they can do, if anything.

what if it's not his ex?? what if some criminal is after you, slashing your tires, following you, etc?? i'd go to the police, too...

-yes

Originally posted by Cara99011

What should I do about this??

Uh, well, for one thing you can stop sleeping with another man's girlfriend and leave him completely alone. :rolleyes: Secondly, you should notify the police. Chances are, though.........if you take care of step 1 your problem will resolve.

How did his ex gf catch you guys in bed? Does she have a key to his place or something? Something doesn't add up here. I think they're probably still seeing each other. If they were truly over, I just don't think she'd still be able to have access to his place, not even if they remained "friedns".

I don't think your dude's being up front with you. I'm not talking out of my ass here. I've been guilty of cheating in the past and I told the girls I was cheating with that 1) me and the gf were having problems, 2) the relationship was basically over if not already over, 3) the ex is still having a hard time with the break up so I'm helping her through it (chicks really fall for this for some reason and I come off looking like a nice guy), and

4) if caught, I just told em the ex was a crazy psycho. It still amazes me how many women are so eager to believe this. It's like they're so desperate to be with the guy, they can't see what's staring them in the face.

As a former cheater, I'm telling you things don't add up here. You need to wake up and smell the coffee, girl.

I agree. I don't think it's an "ex" girlfriend either. If it was indeed an ex, why the need to cool things off and not see each other as much?

• 4 weeks later...

I think it's funny that so many are quick to dismiss the idea that the ex girlfriend is indeed the purported stalker. This stuff really does happen and it's becoming more and more common. And of course, the reason I know, is that it happened to me.

The man is who now my husband had been in a relationship with a woman for 14 years before we met. The relationship had turned into more of a friendship and they had ceased living together about 2 and a half years before. They did however, live in the same neighbourhood.

She had a long history of mental instability, and a lot of health problems, maybe manifested as a result of the mental stuff, I don't know. When Michael first told her he had met some body, she said "good for you" and sent him a Valentine's Day card that wished him good luck. That didn't last long. In the end it was six months of harassing phone calls, at home and at work, two physical assaults and that was just my end of it. Michael endured the worst of her wrath, really. His house and car egged repeatedly. Numerous threats of black mail with intimate details learned over their fourteen years together, multiple break-ins to his house and theft, mostly of gifts I had given him. Constant monitoring of his where abouts with phone calls and walks by the house.

The complicating factor was that she had a daughter, which Michael had helped raise since she was a baby. Michael felt sorry for Lynn and he loved her daughter like she was his own. After every blow out, Lynn would apologize and say she couldn't believe she'd done what she did. Sometimes she claimed to have no memory of it.

Instead of coming on here for advice, common sense dictates that you should have gone to the police department. Get yourself some pepper spray or mace, while your out. I hope you saved that anonymous letter, as well. Maybe, the police can dust it for DNA/fingerprints, ect.

I totally believe what you are saying, but I can't believe that you haven't done anything about it. I've had ex's turn to Glen Close wannabees and it can be stressful. You need to act now!!!