I think she was a sociopath...

I broke up with my ex last May. I had met her when she was already in a relationship. Things were an emotional rollercoaster from the start. She told me she wanted to be with me and that she would break up with the other guy. She cheated on him for 5 months with me before breaking up with him. I was naive and gave her all that time because it was a 4 year relationship. She ended up talking to him behind my back and kept lying to both me and him for a while. Eventually she broke up with me, and I was secretly relieved. However, she was unhappy that I wasn't in tears begging for her back, and she ended up slitting her wrist to get my attention. It was super-effective. She would go on about how she couldn't let me go, and I fell for it like a fool. I dedicated more time to help her and we ended up back together..or so I thought.

She continued to talk to both me and her ex. She would tell me she wanted to be with me, yet not talk to me for days. Eventually, I nearly lost my mind. We had met each others families, friends, and had spent almost a year seeing each other everyday. I figured we were in a relationship, but I was wrong...

I ended up calling her ex and telling him everything. Once she learned of this she went ballistic, throwing everything I gave her away, getting verbally and physically abusive as well.

I was devastated that she was not even concerned about the relationship we had, but that her ex had found out. She kept telling me I never cared..that I never loved her. A week after all of this, I find out shes hooking up with a coworker of mine. I don't even know how many guys she had when she was with me. It was horrible.

We stopped talking for a couple of months. Eventually I asked her to meet up. One thing led to another and we ended up in bed. A few days later, she accused me of stalking her.

I don't understand this woman!

Most recently, I was at a meeting and I saw her. I just ignored her because I thought it was the best. After the meeting she messages me as if we're friendly.

I still have feelings for this woman..and all I want to do is forget her.

Any help would be appreciated. I just want my sanity back and I don't know what to do.

Next time don't get involved with somebody already cheating on her boyfriend. That is how you avoid situations like this.

Yes.I learnt that the hard way. Never going to make that mistake again.

How do I move on from this?

Live your life and learn from your mistake. That is the only think you can do.

The first thing you need to do is cut off all contact and walk away from this toxic woman. If you truly want to get over this, you have to cut off contact first.

• Author

I had cut contact for a couple of months, but she texted me something friendly recently and I was polite back. I have not initiated any contact.

I had cut contact for a couple of months, but she texted me something friendly recently and I was polite back. I have not initiated any contact.

It takes more than not being the one that initiates the contact. After everything she put you through, after all the horrible things she has done- responding to her shouldn't have been an option.

You want to know how to get over her? Cut her out of your life completely. Block her number, delete her from all of your social networks, and if she reaches out to you again, slam the door in her face.

As long as she can still manipulate a response from you, she is still holding all the power over you.