Coffee with the ex and her best friend, arr what do i do?

turokturok5

turokturok5

Posted before that i was going to send a letter to my ex, i burnt it. I guess it was one of those stages of thinking about breaking NC but i prevailed! I decided if she dumped me for being too clingy then she doesn't deserve my friendship. Problem is, my close female friend has invited me out for coffee during a uni break, but my ex will also be there. I enjoy talking to my close female friend, she has a boyfriend and i don't feel for her in that way, we're just good friends. Should i just go and talk, show my ex i can be happy without her, ill probably be talking to my ex too, or should i just stick to no contact and head off to the library and study, thanks!

Raincheck.

Library.

Another time.

if you come back with a 'yes but' or 'what if'....

you're asking the wrong question, aren't you?

• Author
turokturok5
Raincheck.

Library.

Another time.

if you come back with a 'yes but' or 'what if'....

you're asking the wrong question, aren't you?

thanks, i have a question in regards to NC. Does it count as breaching NC if im in a group of about 8 people and shes there, i can do my best to ignore her, i wont intiate contact and if she does ill keep it short.

Have you read the No Contact Guide in my signature?

Well worth a look.

By a guy who actually worked in close proximity to his ex GF.

He managed it so well, he very definitely got the upper hand in that one.

it touches upon the "What if I run into them/have to share a space with them?" question.

Flabbergaster
Does it count as breaching NC if im in a group of about 8 people and shes there

It does if you're going to the event because you get to see her, maybe even smell her, and you're willing to 'behave' simply for this opportunity.

If you can look at a picture of her without feeling like crying or screaming, then you're not ready. Call friend last minute with an excuse about flat tire or smt (just remember to propagate the lie), say you can't make it this time. That looks better than "can't go, my heart is still broken."

Avoid unneccessary situations until you're ready to deal with them.

There will be a point where you can handle a situation like this. Seen it done, done it myself.

If you have to ask if you're ready, you probably aren't. Tried it once when I wasn't sure if I was ready; I should have rainchecked.