coping with her on vacation

bslchump

She told me today that she would be going away for a week or two with some friends to the beach. It could be something or it could be nothing, but sure enough I can't stop imagining it as something. I shouldn't care what she does or where she is, but I do. I cant help imagining her with another guy or flirting with other people, etc etc etc. My mind is just going crazy.

Good news is that my move is finalized. I will be out of here before the month is over. I just need to figure out how to cope with this until I can be back home with plenty of distractions and friends. As soon as she told me, I immediately stopped enjoying what I was doing (playing a game and actually having quite a bit of fun) and have just been brooding since. There's nothing I can do or say, so why am I letting this affect me so much?

Any advice for how to get this off my mind is appreciated :sick:

Bluebelle38

Organise some nights out for yourself, stay around with mates. Keep busy. Force yourself to keep moving is my adviced. It works... first few days will be tough but you get through it.

You cant control what she does, but you can control whether you fall in a heap on the floor or move on with your life :)

• Author

I'm trying to stay busy, and I know that I can't change what she does, but I keep thinking she's going and spending time with a guy rather than her "friend" that she says. I want to ask her outright, but that would be pointless. She'd either say yes, she was meeting a guy or no and I'd just keep being suspicious. Neither outcome would make me feel better.

So for the next week or so I imagine I'll be wracked with paranoia and suspicion. It's already interfered with my activities today on at least 4 separate occasions.

It really feels like the paranoia that I experienced immediately after the break up, and that turned out to be true. I'm having trouble convincing myself she's telling the truth now.