Super Needy Dating Post Break-Up

screwball

It's been over a year since the breakup and I've been actively going on dates for the last six months. Within the last couple months I've started feeling more connected with my dates and no longer find myself comparing them to my ex.

However one last hurdle remains - I'm finding that I feel super needy now. For instance, I was on a good first date the other night and the girl even asked if she could see me again soon. But no matter how good the date was, I keep doubting that I'll get a second date. It's killing me not to chat with her constantly, even though I know that too much contact early on is bad. And it's been like this for the last couple months. Every time I go on a date, I am filled with doubt that it will work, I get very anxious, and really want that affirmation that they like me. I want things to progress quickly and I think I would feel better if I were in a committed relationship. I know I'm trying to fill a gap in my life, but that doesn't change the feelings.

Has anyone else felt super needy when re-entering the dating world? Is there a way to get past that feeling other than the usual suspects (more time, having own hobbies, loving yourself,...)??