when bumping into ur ex

Vickstar

Ive been doing so well for quite a while like not thinking about my ex bf so much but for the last 2 days for some reason thats all ive been doing :S

He broke up with me about 4 months ago and doing NC, he got with a girl he works with about 2 months after the split! grrr!!

Ive been thinking about stuff like if i accidently bump into him in the street with his gf and what should i do?

Should i be an adult and politely say hi, keep it short then carry on walking? do i ignore him? do i answer him if he says hello first and show that im still kind of pissed off?

What would make me look good? I know i have given this a lot of thought, its stupid i know but what would you guys do?

From personal experience:

Look good. Keep the conversation short and polite. Try not to act/look/sound pissed off. Do not hang around for news. Be the first to break off (even if you have to interrupt) with something along the lines of, "I can't stop to chat. Take care of yourself. Bye." If he introduces you to his new girlfriend, just turn and say, "hi" - don't offer a hand if she doesn't but shake with a firm grip if she does. Otherwise, try to avoid any touching with him or her. No hugs.

From personal experience:

Look good. Keep the conversation short and polite. Try not to act/look/sound pissed off. Do not hang around for news. Be the first to break off (even if you have to interrupt) with something along the lines of, "I can't stop to chat. Take care of yourself. Bye." If he introduces you to his new girlfriend, just turn and say, "hi" - don't offer a hand if she doesn't but shake with a firm grip if she does. Otherwise, try to avoid any touching with him or her. No hugs.

This is pot on!! and what i will do when the dreaded day of bumbimp into my ex happens

If you encounter the man who affectionately gutted you, put on a gamey face. This means no blaming, scolding them, or crying” this demeanor is best saved for your friend or friends. Nevertheless you don't want to confirm how smart he was to ditch you. No matter how poorly you're holding up, when he asks how you've been, smile and say, "Great!" Then move on....Hope this helps.