Why is he still talking about me?

Bubbles

I have a question......if your ex is still talking about you to whomever will listen......does that mean he is still in love or just wants to dwell on the past? I know it's not easy to "cope" sometimes, but I just don't understand. He is telling people all about our past sex life together. What should I do? I don't want to have a talk with him because it all just ends up in a big huge fight. He can't talk - he just ends up yelling horrible things at me but I can't let this continue. He should not be telling people the things he is telling them! OMG! Help!

Bubbles

My advice? Ignore it. The people he is telling these things to will realize he is a nut case. He will eventually stop. Go about your life and try not to let it bother you. If it does bother you...don't let HIM know it!

CaterpillarGirl

Well, if you're feeling really pissed off, you could always threaten (in writing) to sue for slander and defamation of character unless he ceases immediately.

• 3 weeks later...
tomtomchenchen
Originally posted by CaterpillarGirl

Well, if you're feeling really pissed off, you could always threaten (in writing) to sue for slander and defamation of character unless he ceases immediately.

hhm...i dont think thats gonna help the situation....

but i'd say its a control thing. he might still feel that he has some control over you even thought its what happened in the past. he might feel that if he talks about those private moments its a way to "control" and get some sort of reponse to him....

• Author

Well, your'e not going to beleive this....I can hardly beleive this.

I went shopping after work just this past Friday (October 17th, 2003) and my ex caught up with me and was driving beside my vehicle motioning for me to please call him. Hesitantly I called. I asked him what was up? He said that he needed to tell me a few things....to help him heal. He told me that he was very deeply sorry for the pain he had caused in our relationship. He said that he "forgives" me for hurting him also. He wanted me to know that he doesn't hate me or think badly of me. He wanted to tell me that he is not "waiting" for me but...

It's the but part that bothers me. Why doesn't he just come out and say what is on his mind? I know that no-one else can speak for him. He told me that a friend of his had a very bad motorcycle accident approx. 2 months ago and he has been wanting to speak to me since. In a sick kind of way I was actually complimented. I am complimented that he knew I would do my best to comfort him but on the other hand what do you think he is trying to accomplish? Over the course of the conversation I started to cry. He got very upset he said the last thing he wanted to do was to make me cry. I just couldn't help it - I don't know if it was the releif of actually hearing him apologize for his actions or if I was sad because if he would have only realized what he was doing to me at the time.....maybe we never would have broken up.

I don't know....what do you guys think?