Has someone gone NC on YOU?

spackle

There's probably a thread on this but there are hundreds of threads!!

Just wondering how things seem from the other side.

Has someone gone NC on you? How did you react? Were you bothered? Did you even notice!? :)

Yes, my ex went crazy NC on me. Blocked my FB, my cell, my email. I wrote him one letter, haven't written a letter and mailed it in sooo long! He didn't respond. I hated it to be honest, I think it's really f**ked up and cruel. I didn't deserve it and it INFURIATED me. I would have never went NC on him if i saw how much pain he was in if I were the one to break up with him, but then again - i have a heart.

My ex seems to have gone NC on me.

That might be in relation to the fact I declined her offer to stay friends and that I completely ignored her bday a couple of weeks after the breakup. I did feel bad about ignoring it, but she was overseas with her family so I just convinced myself that she didn't take a mobile with her. :p

So yeah, haven't heard a peep in almost 3 months now. From my experience, unless they go and jump into a new relationship and/or they aren't leaving a really bad relationship then girl dumpers take NC pretty hard.

The one time I was a dumper and she went NC on me I wasn't phased in the slightest. She rebounded within weeks and ended up marrying the guy. Couldn't be/have been happier for her.

The one time I was a dumper and she went NC on me I wasn't phased in the slightest. She rebounded within weeks and ended up marrying the guy. Couldn't be/have been happier for her.

Was this the ex that treated you horribly? I remember you talking about just 2 girls: ex and ex ex. Is this the ex ex? If it is, no wonder you felt the way you did. :lmao:

Haha, no this is a girl I went out with end of High school beginning of uni. It was only for 8 months or so. She was married with kids within a couple of years of high school. Good on her though, it's what both of them wanted in life.

The crazy ex ex is also engaged and building a house I just found out! Haha. Happy for her as well. Poor guy though.... :p

edit: I'm a little flattered that you remember that. :)

Edited by PowerOfOne

My ex is sorta going NC on me now...I was still sending him about one text a day until 2 days ago I finally had enough of his indifference (he'd only respond to some texts, and stopped responding to anything hinting about our relationship) and decided to start NC yesterday. I honestly wish he would have had the strength to do no contact from the beginning of our breakup (3 months ago)...it would have helped me to heal and move on. I guess my ex isn't really doing NC, but he's sorta fading out on me. Who knows if my ignoring him will get any reaction out of him at all? Honestly, I hope he feels hurt and gets mad. I don't care that it might make reconciliation less likely...I have to move on from him. I realize now that I had way too much emotional dependency on him. I need to sort myself out because when I get into my next relationship I don't want to just be filling some sort of void in my life...

• Author

I did read something interesting the other day, it was about matching someones interest level. If they text, you text but don't be sending 10 of them! If they step up the texts or calls you do the same, if he's fading, you do the same, if you think he's looking to cut loose, you walk.

And I know what you mean but some people seem (especially guys) to want to avoid conflict and anything that causes a scene so will back out or act like a douche so we pull the plug - then boo-hoo they get dumped and we're the bad ones.

Ok I may be over stating it but it's been a looong day :)

Thanks Spackle, that actually gave me something interesting to think about. I'm trying to move on, but I don't want to take away the possibility of getting back with my ex either. I unfortunately just broke no contact... 'cause I'm super pathetic like that. :p Seriously, though, I need to control myself...

I defriended my ex on facebook and blocked him so he might hate me now...whatever. Yeah, I was planning on going no contact for the next 3ish months...basically until the semester is over because I gotta focus on school. But I don't want to push him away so I think I might start replying to him when he starts to get deperate...if it ever gets to that point. Right now I'm failing to stop contacting him myself so it may never get to that point anyway...:(

i made a mess
There's probably a thread on this but there are hundreds of threads!!

Just wondering how things seem from the other side.

Has someone gone NC on you? How did you react? Were you bothered? Did you even notice!? :)

O.M.G. yes. That is the very thing that brought me to LS in the first place. I dated a guy for a year off and on, I was the "dumper" so to say. One weekend he is inviting me over, didn't go because I was sick and he said he was really tired and by the following weekend he'd changed his phone number and hasn't talked to me since. That was almost 3 months ago. I wrote him a letter about 3 weeks after he went NC, then found him on a dating website about 3 weeks ago and sent him a message on there. No response. I was really upset and hurt by it at first (I was a hot mess for the first 2 months), but honestly, I look at it now and think this is what he needed to do to move on. And it helps that I see a great therapist once a week.

At the time, I was the toxic person in the relationship and i applaud him for having the strength to walk away from someone he loved to save his own mental state. I pissed and moaned about not having any "closure" and yet have come to realize, him shutting me out is my closure. I obviously hurt him pretty bad, he's doing what he can to cope, and I just have to continue on taking this relationship as a learning experience and apply what I've learned the next time I'm in a relationship. That doesn't mean I wouldn't still break down the door for another chance, but he has to be willing to give me one and at this point, that looks pretty dismal. I honestly just want him to be happy. :)