I got my degree confirmation today

0hpenelope

The registrar's office will process my stuff as soon as possible and they will award me my Bachelors of Science in Biological Sciences. I don't have to feel like I'm lying on my resume when I apply for entry-level jobs now, so that feels good.

Guess who I wanted to share it with but I know I couldn't and I'm not going to?

I think I'll go ahead and have a good cry because I need it. I don't want to contact him, but it doesn't mean I don't want to talk to him and share this with him. I miss him so much...

I'll be okay. I'll pick myself right back up after this because I have a class to occupy my thoughts, but just for this short moment, I need to cry.

Ugh.. I know how you feel, wanting to share the important things with that someone...

Just remember it's their loss, have a good cry but don't make it a long one and Congrats!!

=) hey, congratulations! this should show you that you dont need him to succeed, your obviosuly very smart, and capable on your own. keep ypur head up and know that tommorrow will bring peace and opportunity.

vtbrokenhearted

Congratulations!! Doesn't it feel good?! Have fun looking for a new and challenging job. You're going to meet so many wonderful people with similar interests as yours! Best-

Have that good cry OhP.

Someone posted that we miss them most at times of great joy or great sorrow. It's okay Miss Penny.

Cry, class, then buy something symbolic of this new start in your life...something to put on your desk, or carry around your neck. Something pretty or uplifting.

You deserve a prize today!! Congratulations!

• Author

Thank you so much. I don't know how it is that strangers on the internet can care about this, while someone I actually cared for does not care anymore. Arguably he might still care a little, but as I keep saying in other people's threads, it doesn't matter how much "I care about you a lot" is said to me; fact is, my ex's back is still turned towards me and walking away. It shows how much he really "cares."

Thank you again. Your well-wishes made my day much brighter! :bunny:

Edited by 0hpenelope

Hi Penny!

Great accomplishment that you can be proud of, and I want to congratulate you!

Remember that your degree is something you will ALWAYS have -- you ex, not so much. :laugh:

Your degree will open doors for you. The best is yet to come. :):bunny::)

Congratulations!

I think exciting times are ahead in the biological sciences. You have a very bright future ahead of you.

I'm sure you'll look back on this day with fondness - the fact that you did it on your own might even be a source of pride to you in the future - and a memory that you are strong on your own! I've had a few of these wobbles - at Christmas, when I was stuck in the airport and needed someone to pick me up; when I moved offices - just wanting to call my ex, wanting that person to lean on. But you know if you're crying all the time and they're just not there... it's no good. Time to rely on yourself - in the future you'll have lots of great experiences so share with a special somone! :)

Congratz OhPenelope! What a thing to achieve, I wish I had the guts to go back to school.

Milestones are nice to share with a special someone indeed, but what good is it when they don't care?

It's just a little bump along the road, you'll see. Go celebrate!