Finding it hard to accept/move on..

maddii

I'll give you a quick back story..

My best friend and I have been friends for just over a year, and in Sept he started acting like he likes me, but seemed confused when I asked him about it, but he carried on, so on new years eve I asked him again, and he said he likes me, and said yes to us being boyfriend and girlfriend.

So then four days later I asked if he'd told his brother and he said no and said he didn't know why, and then completely over-reacted and wouldnt speak to me, and finally texted me from his bedroom saying 'I dont feel ready for all this'.

I left it a week to speak to him then and he told me he 'tried to like me and it wasnt working', and a few other things that seemed like excuses, because he couldnt have faked liking me for 4 months, so I still think he wasnt ready..

But now, because he decided it would be too awkward to see eachother anymore I just feel completely lost, I spoke to him everyday, saw him a few times a week etc, and we just had so much in common and I've never had that connection with anybody, so I'm devastated.

I've gone NC since that point, which is around 2 weeks ago now, but I find it so hard, it's as if my mind thinks this is temporary, and I just have to not see him for a bit longer, but as soon as I realise this is permanent I feel really depressed again.

I'm still keeping up a glimmer of hope/fantasy that one day in the future we'll bump into each other or something and become friends again, because there was so much in common...

I don't know how to let go, and accept that maybe we'll never be friends again, and I panic that I won't find someone that was so right for me... I don't know if I'm still in shock/denial, because it just doesn't seem real that we aren't friends now, and I have no-one to really take my mind off it, he was everything...

I know that one day the emotions won't be as strong, but I need to know how to let go of something that feels so right for me.. even though he's let go.

That probably doesnt even make sense, but I'm just so up and down with my emotions right now.

Keep going the NC Route,if a guy really likes a girl no matter what his life is like,he's going to pursue her or gladly be in a relationship.

Do your best not to contact,and not ask anyone about him,if anything will help that will. You'll move on and one day see this as a minor setback,and his loss.,