Do you check your ex's fb ..

Chitowngirl

to see if they have broken up with their partner?

My ex fiance and his new gf always put pix of themselves together on their fb profile pix... I check it every week...and this week my heart was a little happy because they both posted pictures that didn't include each other for the first time in a year or so..not sure...but then she posted a pic of them together.

It's sad how I want him to fail. More so I want her to see what I saw. Will I ever stop caring?

Dont check their facebook's its a 1 way ticket to pain and misery. Do yourself a favour and block them completely or better yet, get rid of facebook until you are totally over the relationship! thats what ive done, a huge weight lifted from my shoulders when i did and i havent looked back.

P.s....good lord your picture made me forget what I was going to say ;) is that you?!

hoistdacolors

You can just hide their status updates so you don't see them on the news feed. You need to have great self-control though so that you don't go to their profile page obsessively.

I am not going to delete my ex because that means whatever he did to me still has an affect on me. Plus, I want him to see what he's missing out.

You can just hide their status updates so you don't see them on the news feed. You need to have great self-control though so that you don't go to their profile page obsessively.

I am not going to delete my ex because that means whatever he did to me still has an affect on me. Plus, I want him to see what he's missing out.

They always start by saying this. Then they see something they dont like and it sets them back. Save yourself the pain. NO you dont want your ex to be able to keep tabs on you, cause 9/10 if your hurting they will see through it and you wont be able to compete with whatever he has in store for you and it will hurt you. Delete him and block him and anyone else who may be able to find you. Least then you're a mystery to him, left up to his own imagination, and dumpers dont like that, they like their quick fix of seeing what the ex is up too. Facebook provides them that, therefore they dont need to ask or see what you are up too!!

• Author
They always start by saying this. Then they see something they dont like and it sets them back. Save yourself the pain. NO you dont want your ex to be able to keep tabs on you, cause 9/10 if your hurting they will see through it and you wont be able to compete with whatever he has in store for you and it will hurt you. Delete him and block him and anyone else who may be able to find you. Least then you're a mystery to him, left up to his own imagination, and dumpers dont like that, they like their quick fix of seeing what the ex is up too. Facebook provides them that, therefore they dont need to ask or see what you are up too!!

Yes my icon is me..but I'm "fat" so I killed your fantasy.

Well I was the dumper and my ex fiance blocked me, I made a fake account to view his page. We've been apart for 1.5 years...no contact for 13 months...he still has me blocked. Weird how time flies.

I told my ex to block me on facebook. I would just unblock her anyway and keep looking to see if she changed her profile pic..She knows I'm deeply effected by everything so I already didn't have much dignity left to spare. It's the only way I could cope and trust myself not to look. However I got on my buddys facebook the other night and it really brought me back a few steps within the healing process because now I know what she's been up to, who she's been talking to, hanging out with etc...and it KILLS me how much fun she's having...either have him block you or deactivate your account altogether because if you're like me- you have NO self control. lol..

Too right, if you block them, you can then unblock them a day or so later. get them to block you.

But I have no room to talk, I have someone's (with permission) log in so I can log in as them and see his profile etc. Nothing has happened on his profile for 2 months but I have no self control........But I do check less and less, maybe once a week now. Still bad eh?

Bloody FB!

I dropped the block hammer on her.

It was a good move in my part

Problem is, we have a lot of mutual friends and I stumble across the occasional pictures of her and her new boyfriend. No bueno.

• 5 weeks later...

I don't get the Facebook game. I haven't been in contact with my ex for almost 16 months and I notice because one her "likes" on my picture disappears and reappears at random. This is the 5th time I've been "blocked" starting the day after what would have been our 5th anniversary, off/on ever since. I don't play the game, but I hate that I want it to mean something.

At first i thought i could control myself by just hiding the notifications from her, but the thing is she always appeared with her mugshot on my profile friends on the left hand side and just seeing her face all the time just kept tempting me to go and have a look how shes doing. I couldnt help myself, then when i finally found out she was with another guy now i just lost control. I instantly deleted her from facebook without explaining my reasons to her and now i feel like a freaking tank has been lifted off my back now that i dont have to sink into misery just reading any lovey dovey comments between them. Im confident its a rebound relationship so i guess ill miss out when things fall apart for them, oh well~ Save yourself the pain and hassle and delete them, itll help you focus on yourself and not someone who didnt have the respect to put your relationship first.

at first after the break up, ya I wanted to check it all the time. but now after all this time, and meeting someone new, I could care less! what a relief.

I know its tempting but you are just driving yourself crazy by checking it.