Here comes goodbye

2010_Sorry

He told me that he was not ready to reconcile our marriage in early November. I thought that my life had crumbled right before my eyes. Thanksgiving was a miserable holiday, spending time with my family... the family that always included HIM!

Since then, I have gradually institued limited contact with him (we have two young kids together), and never spoke of reconciliation again. I questioned whether it was really working.....

BUT.... just one month later, this Christmas was much different than Thanksgiving. I actually had a good time! I enjoyed time with my family... loved & laughed all day long. I got a few text messages from him wishing me a Merry Christmas and I only replied to one, saying "U too". I felt great!

I honestly believe that the limited or no contact REALLY WORKS for those of us that need to heal! I know that the next few months are going to bring even more closure and before long I will be a new woman!!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
He told me that he was not ready to reconcile our marriage in early November. I thought that my life had crumbled right before my eyes. Thanksgiving was a miserable holiday, spending time with my family... the family that always included HIM!

Since then, I have gradually institued limited contact with him (we have two young kids together), and never spoke of reconciliation again. I questioned whether it was really working.....

BUT.... just one month later, this Christmas was much different than Thanksgiving. I actually had a good time! I enjoyed time with my family... loved & laughed all day long. I got a few text messages from him wishing me a Merry Christmas and I only replied to one, saying "U too". I felt great!

I honestly believe that the limited or no contact REALLY WORKS for those of us that need to heal! I know that the next few months are going to bring even more closure and before long I will be a new woman!!

I know of a couple that went through the same thing. The wife cheated and the husband divorced her. After three years of divorce she asked him out on a date. They dated for 6 months and moved back in together and bought their first home with their 5 year son. Sometimes couples do get back together after divorce.

I'm so happy for you.

It has to be a challenge when kids are in the mix and you're trying to have space in which to heal.

What else (besides LC) have you been doing to help yourself?

Sorry 2010... it sounds like you might be able to help me.

Please have a look at my thread...

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t259723/

Honestly, I am doing quite well on my own, BUT I would still love t get back with my ex, as we agreed that the relationship just came at a bad time, and we both expressed our affection for one another at the break up... But now I dont know WHAT is going on and WHAT she is thinking...