'I know we aren't talking but happy birthday'?

Samu

This is the text I got from my ex this morning, we have been NC for 6 days and I replied with a 'Thank you'. We have been broken up for 3 months, we both love each other and she broke up with me because of the distance. She lives in Utah and I live in Texas. I still think about her all the time and I wish we can get back together. She rebounded on a guy last month, they kissed and hanged out. It hurt so bad, I cried for a whole day. We were still talking at that point, and she told me that she's confused and she only likes him as a friend. She has been trying to ignore him because she knew she shouldn't have kissed him and it was a mistake. Then six days ago she said she can't talk to me anymore because she still loves me and it's for the best. She kept telling me to delete her off facebook and delete her number. I respected her decision and I deleted her. She sent me a message three days ago and said 'Don't text me back but i'm sorry for being a ***** the other day, I just think it's better if we don't talk' and I didn't reply. Then she sents me the happy birthday text this morning. I am dying to know how she's doing and what's going on with her life, but I know I have to stick to NC or else it would hurt me some more. Do you think she misses me? Is she wondering what I'm doing today for my birthday? I want to be with her so bad and I'm tempted to text her. I hate this situation, we both love each other so much but the distance is a killer. We can't afford $400 plane tickets every weekend. We saw each other once every 4-6 months. Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it

I know I have to stick to NC or else it would hurt me some more

If this is true, then...

Do you think she misses me? Is she wondering what I'm doing today for my birthday?

... who cares?

NC means no contact. No more finding out about her life. No stalking her.

we both love each other so much

She loves you so much that she's hooking up with another guy within a month? If she loved and respected you then she wouldn't do that.