I was beginning to think that I was getting over him, until I saw him by chance

Dem

I was seeing this guy for about two weeks but it was really intense. We got on really well, we had so much in common, same old movies, same music e.t.c. We really liked each other, he said he could feel himself "falling in....like, with me". He said that we had a spark, the kind which he had only ever had with one other person, "sparks are rare". He also said that he has never connected with someone as well as he did with me, i understood him. The problem was that he has plans to go to Australia in November for about two months. He already has put some of the money down so he has no option but to go. This led to him telling me that the time he has spent with me has made him feel so much for me that it was making him not want to go to Australia. For this reason, he felt we should not see each other again as he would only like me more, and that would make him cancel Australia, and obviously he cannot do that. He spent the rest of the evening telling me how much he regrets his decision, how much of an idiot he is and how much he likes me.

Then last night I was out in town, and we literally bump into each other (he was out for his birthday). He went to hug me but stopped himself, he then asked me why I wasn't going into the same club as him, I said that it was just because the friend I was with wasnt too keen on the place. We parted with me wishing him happy birthday. When me and my friend got to the club we found it wasn't very good and so left and went to the club where this guy was at. But before we went there, I sent him a text message on my mobile saying that I'm not stalking him lol but the other club was boring so I'm now going to the club where he is at, and if he cant be bothered to say hi to me, then its ok.

I sent him one other message this morning just saying happy birthday and i hope he had a good night. The annoying thing is that when I went to this club, I saw every single one of his friends, but I never once saw him.

So that brings me to now. I was beginning to think that I was getting over him, until I saw him by chance last night, after bumping into him on the street, I left the conversation physically shaking. I really really like this guy and i cant help it, even though I know I shouldnt like him because nothing is going to come of it. How can I get over this guy? I can't stop thinking about him, and it's killing me. Everything I see reminds me of him. Every song I hear sems as if it was written about me and him. I can't go on feeling so, helpless. What can I do? Please please help me, I need advice, even if it's not what I want to hear. Help!

For this reason, he felt we should not see each other again as he would only like me more, and that would make him cancel Australia, and obviously he cannot do that.

This is insane. He's going away for TWO months more than two months from now. It sounds like a pretty lame excuse to me, especially since you had only known each other for two weeks. That's such a short time to be dating that anything could have happened between now and November. IMO, if he was really that into you, he wouldn't let two months of distance two months from now get in the way of that. In this day and age of e-mail, IM, cell phones, and even good old fashioned snail mail, it would not be hard to maintain a relationship for eight short weeks while he is away.

To get over this guy, stay busy and date other men. That's really the only answer.

Has he messaged you back or contacted you? Did he say anything about getting together when he returned from Australia?

• Author

Thank you soooooooo much for your advice. And I totally agree with you, it sounds like a lame excuse and it is insane. He messaged me back asking me if I was hiding in the club because he never saw me once, and he is glad I had a good nite. I replied saying i wasnt hiding, but he hasnt replied to that one either so I have nothing left to do but give up, its so awful that it's all in his control though. We barely spoke about when he returned, all I said was that if he doesn't want to go out with me in this two months, then I am not going to wait till he returns from australia to hook up, I pointed out to him that he has chosen never over now. Thank you sooo much for your advice. I'm so glad it's not just me that thinks this is crazy!

Dem x x x