Facebook, Facebook, Facebook. (New Members Start Here.)

YellowShark

Up until 3 months ago I checked her facebook profile every day and focussed on relationship status.
.. and delete FB altogether.
Hey TerryV, I know what you mean about looking at facebook knowing you shouldn't but I do daily but that stops now...
Delete them from facebook. If you cannot do that, delete your own facebook
block her on msn, skype, AIM and this is the biggest thing, remove her from facebook. Just click remove friend and that's it.
Mine has been 8 months too. When i found out through facebook that he was in a relationship,...

Facebook, Facebook, Facebook.

That's a sampling from another thread. I've been here for a few months now and Facebook is mentioned as the cause of anguish on this message board one way or another 100 times a day.

Ok. So here it is. If you are NC, and trying to get over them, save yourself from a lot of grief and delete them from Facebook. Looking at their profiles is the virtual equivalent to walking up to them and asking "Hey, how ya doing?"

1) Navigate to the person’s profile and click the "Remove from Friends" link at the bottom of the page. If you select this option, you will be removed from the person's Friends List as well.

2) Navigate to the "Report/Block this Person" link at the bottom of their profile page. Once you click this link, check the "Block this person" box and then click "Submit."

3) If you cannot block someone and would like to prevent them from viewing your profile, you can adjust your privacy settings accordingly.

No Contact is for you to heal and move on, and you don't want to know what she/he is up to in her daily life. Especially if they have a new boyfriend/girlfriend! So remove/block them.

No new news means no new hurt. Ok? ;)

Good luck.

I didn't delete my FB or my ex.

I just stopped logging on. Haven't been on in 2 months and I feel ****ing amazing.

If I deleted my ex, I would still see pictures of her and her new boy and life (we have a lot of mutual friends that post pictures) so it was best to toss it all together.

Great that you posted this. Facebook is so fake anyways

You can delete them from your news feed so the only way that you will see anything about them is if you go to their page. Just click on their post and delete it. It will show an option to permanently delete them from showng up on your new feed. This way you can still use facebook and not worry about seeing any posts from them.

facebook, ha i noticed this when i first joined this site.

facebook used in the right way can be a very good way to stay in touch with friends and family.

but its not used in the right way.

people get abused, lied too, stalked, obssesive and even murdered.

there are some pretty weird people out there in this world, to think they are all on facebook using false names, fake pictures is quite sad and scary.

facebook caused its fair share of argueing in my last relationship, im tempted to go back on and maybe find a nice girl but why would i want to meet someone on facebook, i would rather meet someone out and about in life.

in the real world you may say

Facebook sucks! Big time. It could possibly be ok if it was used properly, perhaps like a social network site, but all it is a groups of people in their own personal "clicks".

Look what I got up to at the weekend. Have you heard what so and so did.

Your profile should have 1 real picture of yourself, a few minor, insignificant personal details and then fully accessible to everyone to have a look at.

That way you would build on your social network with people all over the world.

Am I wrong in thinking that's how it should be used?

I'll admit I did have an account, didn't use it properly, caused issues so it got sacked off. I wont be getting sucked back in either.

I could probably write an essay on how crap I think it is.

Edited by Gettingtired
typo
  • Author
facebook used in the right way can be a very good way to stay in touch with friends and family.

Absolutely. It can be a great tool. But if you have just broken up you have to stop doing virtual drive-bys by clicking on your EX's profile. Block/Defriend them, otherwise you are just opening an old wound over and over. (Especially if they have the dreaded recent photos of them and "the new flame." :p)

... but its not used in the right way.

people get abused, lied too, stalked, obssesive and even murdered.

there are some pretty weird people out there in this world, to think they are all on facebook using false names, fake pictures is quite sad and scary.

Yup. Too many people post waaaaaaay too much info and pictures of themselves on Facebook. I am amazed at the level of intimate personal detail some folks put on there. It's creepy. They need to realize nothing online is 100% secure, and anyone can use anything you post on Facebook against you, (and even make you think they’re someone you know.)

The more details you post on your profile the more people know about you. Where you live, what school you went to, what you like and dislike. There's pictures of you, your home, your family, your car, your friends, where you like to hang out... everything! It's nuts! And your friends may be running a Facebook application that makes your profile & pics unsecure!

(You don't know what the hell all your "250 friends" are running! And there are new apps every day.)

That is why IMHO your Facebook profile should be brief, with very little personal info. That's just my opinion. If ya wanna send some pics to friends or family.. simply email them! They must have to have an email account to have joined Facebook in the first place. ;)

...facebook caused its fair share of argueing in my last relationship,..

You and so many other posters on Loveshack swfc_77. :laugh: That is why if you're fresh into a breakup, take a break from Facebook.. and definitely block/defriend "the EX" to stop you from viewing their profiles.

heartbrokengal

Omg, yes facebook is Evil! She deleted me from her friend list but I still go on and check and can see some information, especially since we have a few mutual friends.

I was having a pretty decent day and felt like the 5HTP (it's a natural mood enhancer) I've been taking was maybe starting to work or at least help until I looked today. Well turns out she is now suddenly friends with this girl I Was really good friends with. She never talked to this girl before, because she was My friend and she figured she had a crush on me (which she did) and even while we were together they never got along. I told her lots of things and we often discussed and she gave me advice about my relationship and she knows how I think. I can only imagine the things she's told my ex! Some 'friend'!

Also there is one girl who lied about me but later kind of catapulted the End of our relationship by letting out my secret (though okay it was true, it's just the Way she did it) and I looked today and saw she is friends with her. It hurts soooooo much! I'm really surprised and in a way it just feels like it's further proof there is absolutely No hope for us. It's like she'd rather be friends with them than me! :-(

I'm going to try to stop looking so much