How can he find someone so soon? Is he on the rebound?

Couture

My ex broke up with me recently because he thought things were getting to serious before i left for uni this month the last time i saw him he met my parents because they came home a little earlier than planned and had no choice. It was a serious relationship with him being my first and and him telling me that he loved me i thought we could work through me going to uni but obviousley he though differently.

Anyway i bumped into him recently (after managing to avoid him successfully for a month) and he was with a new girl i don't know whether it was a new girlfriend but they were pretty close. I decided to go elsewhere because it hurt so much that he could move on so quickly but then i bumped into him again and he apologised for the break-up and when i was talking to him he kept putting his arms around my waist and hugging me. It was weird because in that hour it was like we had never broken up and were chatting away the other girl was never mentioned but he asked to meet up for coffee but nothing came of it because i didn't get his message until later the next day and i haven't spoken to him since but how can you meet someone so soon after breaking up with someone you supposedly love? Does it look like a rebound relationship?

Could be several things. Yes, it could be rebound. It could be that he had her 'in reserve'. Could be he's ADHD - some guys with ADHD bounce through relationships pretty quickly. They try to heal the hurt of one relationship with another relationship.

could be he wanted to move on, the healthy thing to do. but the unhealthy thing to do is lead you on which to me it seems like. you are in university now!! enjoy it and move on. be happy!