Thinking of making a list - Why ex boyfriend is an evil a**hole

Iamhappy

It's the end of a very long day and I find myself feeling depressed.

It's during these times when I start to think of the ex - the one who treated me like dirt (the one I posted about in the "Treated like dirt" thread). I actually start to miss him and I fall back into the trap of thinking how great he was and how lucky I was to be with him. This is a delusion of course - one I'm trying to rid myself of.

I hate being on an emotional roller coaster, but until I get off, I have to endure the ride.

It's been difficult for me to muster up anger where the ex is concerned. I've turned it all against myself and I'm trying to change that.

So, I'm making a list to remind myself why I never ever want to be near this a**hole again. So far, I've got only one item on the list:

1. He's a cheating, lying b**tard.

I hope to come up with more, but I was thinking I'm probably not the only one whose ex did a number on them. So, please feel free to add to my list.

Thanks for letting me rant.

i think #1 is enough. NO good qualities can balance out cheating & lying.

Now, perhaps something in the fact that he's a cheating lying bastard attracted you? Excitement? Drama? Perhaps a cousellor could help you there...

Also, as far as I see, many people fall for what this person COULD potentially give them, and close their eyes on what's actually being given to them.

good luck,

-yes

• Author

To yes: I only found out he was a cheating, lying b**stard a few months ago.

One should be enough, but I think I need more. My identity was wrapped up in this man's and I'm trying to unwrap it posthaste. Why? Because my self-esteem and self-image were/are so shot that for a short time he was able to convince me that he was protecting me by not telling me about his cheating and therefore I had no right to be angry with him.

This is the same "man" who picked himself, who picked his relationship with this woman, who picked this woman over the life of his unborn child.

I think I just came up with No. 2 for my list. No, make that the new No. 1 for my list.

Ok. I'm starting to get po'd just thinking about him.

You can list all the times he did something or said something which left you feeling unwanted, unloved, etc.

that's the purpose of this board, I think, to let others know that they are not alone with their problems or needs ...

so, he's a lying cheating bastard? how about incapable of loyalty except to himself? selfish? arrogant (for thinking that you'd be stupid enough to believe his "i was trying to spare you pain" speech)? lacks respect toward you/your relationship with him? Plain and simple, he's a jackass and you deserve better than this.

There are so many good men out there who aren't into these kinds of games, looking for a decent woman to love, cherish and protect ... the Jackass you dated obviously isn't one of these guys!

if it helps, try to think of it in these terms: when you're old, with kids and grandkids of your own, and they ask you, you want to be able to say (and mean it, too) that you're proud to be married to Guy X. Your ex-Jackass doesn't sound like he'd ever be able to live up to this standard.

HokeyReligions

How about "Not anywhere NEAR good enough for me" "Not worthy of the love and compassion that I have to give"