Saw him with a new girl.....Then all over me

Couture

I'm so confused my ex broke up with me last month after two and a half months it was a serious relationship with us both saying we loved each other. But things ended because i'm moving away next month to go to university and he didn't want a long distance relationship. I was really hurt and tried contacting him but he would always ignore my messages so i stopped.

Anyway after avoiding him for awhile i bumped into him a few weeks ago in a pub and he was with another girl i don't know if it was his new girlfriend but she was sitting on his lap e.t.c. i was really hurt so went else where anyway he turned up (minus the girl) at a club i was in and we didn't speak until later on in the night when he pinched my butt and then started up a conversation with me. After leaving the club he came up to me and put his arms around my waist telling me how sorry he was e.t.c. so we walked on i was really confused because we were talking like we used to and he kept touching me and put his hand on my leg. Anyway it ended with him asking me for coffee the next day in which i agreed to.

But the next day my messages were blocked and didn't come through until the evening so we never met up after contacting him he never wrote back again and i haven't spoken to him since.

I'm so confused because i'm not over him and as much as i try i can't then seeing him with this new girl really hurt me and i think if thats all i saw i'd get over him but it was the fact that he was really flirty with me e.t.c. But if it is a new relationship surely its a rebound one? Because i feel you can't love someone then jump into a new relationship?

An outsiders opinion would really be appreciated!

Well, first of all, I don't see how you can truly love someone after only 2 months, but that's just my opinion.

It sounds like this guy is trying to have his cake and eat it too. He wants you, but he wants to be free to do whatever he wants, also. Don't you think that if he really loved you, he would want to be with you no matter what? Don't you think that if he really loved you, a long distance relationship could work?

It sounds to me like you going off to school was just an excuse for the two of you to break up. If he didn't use that, he would have found another excuse to break it off with you..or he would have ended up cheating on you.

My best advice is to forget about this guy and let him do his thing. When you get to the University, there will be tons of guys for you to choose from and they will probably make this guy look like a loser. Find someone who really loves you and will stick with you no matter what.

Good Luck

You probably don't want to hear this but I would say this guy is messing you about and you need to find someone else and move on.

The girl he was with - well it sounds to me like he was trying to get it on with her and then after getting nowhere turned to you for sex...."he kept touching me and put his hand on my leg."

The reason I say this is because he was obviously very nice to you that night and invited you for coffee etc but then the next day ignored your messages etc. I think he was only after one thing.

You were only together two and a half months and it's a bit early to be in love. He certainly isn't acting like someone in love.

You say he could be on the rebound? Well if he was and knowing that you still have the hots for him...why wouldn't he return your messages etc?

Go on to uni and have a great time, if he's still around one day in the future and he genuinely wants you then so be it. I'm a great believer in fate but at the moment you need to concentrate on your future. You are going to have enough emotional upheavals as it is without his added game playing.

Good Luck.