A Brighter Tomorrow: She says that she needs time, but I know this can't be saved.

Vivid_29

After 2 1/2 years, I've lost her...

I am 29 and she is 22. We met in college and we were inseparable. We proved everyone wrong and we were the exception to the rule when it came to relationships..............for 2 1/2 years.

August 13, 2003, I thought my life ended when she told me that she was not in love with me anymore. I tried to play it off, but I felt as if she could see straight through me. This was a big slap in the face, because I never saw any signs. She kept coming at me with it and deep inside my heart, I was begging her to stop. It was as if we were playing a one-sided, Battleship game with each other and she kept hitting me in the same place (stab after stab after stab in the heart). What really sucks is that we live together. After I received the news, I packed my bags and went to my moms.

She says that she needs time, but I know that this is a relationship that can't be saved.

It has only been 11 days and I've learned to live with it. I've realized that I'm too good for this nonsense and that there will always be a brighter tomorrow. To all of you, whose hearts are in a million pieces, get yourself together and move on. Love yourself and remember that, even though we are in the dark, there is light at the end of the tunnel. We'll find our way...

**I saw her this morning - I clenched - my heart skipped a beat and my breath was taken away. When she stood next to me, I had put my hands in my pockets...**

Most Sincerely,

Vivid_29

You know Italiangal, you are right - it's not that easy.

My first 3 days were the worst. I had hurt so bad that I went completely numb. It was almost like my emotions went into shock and I had put them out of their own misery, literally...

I had realized that I was too good a man to dwell on the loss. I stand tall and proud, with my head held high because I know that I was good to her and that I had nothing to be ashamed of. We had a beautiful 2 1/2 years and I felt that I didn't miss out on anything. Everything that I ever wanted in a woman was in her. Everything that I ever dreamed of doing, (vacations, ect) I was able to do with her. My call was answered and I came to realize that it was time to let go. We had a 2 1/2 year party and it was time for the both of us to turn out the lights and go home.

There isn't a moment that passes where I don't think of her. Things happen for a reason and this was probably for the best.

Thanks for your reply,

Vivid_29

;)