part of me wants to blow her off and pretend like she's not there

devinmusicman

devinmusicman

Hello everyone

Well, it's 1:30 in the morning here in California, and I guess I

was overdue for "one of those nights." As you guys know, I've been around for a while and I've been making lots of progress since I was suddenly dumped nearly 2 and a half months ago. The last 4 weeks I have cut contact with my ex cold turkey, and, you know, it has proven extremely effective. Yet here I am again, unable to sleep, filled with anxiety. Why? Here's my situation, and any and all advice is appreciated more than you know.

As I said, I made the decision to cut all contact with my ex.

Seeing as how we are both on summer break from our uinversity and live 400 miles apart, this was entirely reasonable, and I feel it really has been working in the healing process. I have not emailed her, and I removed her name from my AOL buddy list. And things have been going smoother for me.

Well tonight I guess things just kind of came crashing down on me again. I was on AOL talking to some friends and found out

accidentaly that she was online. All of a sudden there was an

unbelievable amout of pressure to IM her. It took every last gut in my body to keep from doing that. Then I couldn't help but put

things into perspective: in a little over a weeks time, we will be

back at school, and in each other's classes again, interacting with

each other on a daily basis.

Ultimatly, what I need is advice as to what the hell I should do

when I go back to school. I really feel we should sit down and have a long talk. But at the same time, part of me wants to blow her off and pretend like she's not there morealess like I've been doing for the past month (even though this isn't really possible). Yet another part of me still wants to see us together again. So given this confusing bundle of circumstances, please won't someone tell me what I should do?

Thank you all,

Devin

• 5 weeks later...

hey devin -

how's it going? any hopeful news for posters undergoing the same transitions?

:( I'm in the same boat, my friend.

Been with a woman whom I thought was 'The One'. Over the last few months she has progressively pulled back, to the extent that I am now nothing more than an acqaintance to her.

I've made some hard decisions to end it all and let the healing commence.

A tough call since you'll be in the same classes as her. Any way to change teachers?

I'm planning to avoid our mutual haunts for awhile; work out at a different gym and ignore the e-mails.

Do you think you can stay friends? I couldn't!