Therapy - how many of us are going through it???

Just trying to figure out how many of use LSer's have ended up seeing a therapist after a break up...

I saw one for the first time today... I must say it was interesting and quite exhilerating... the whole experience taught me alot and she gave me some great exercises on dealing with the "hollowness"...

bananaboat11

I have been since "Nicole" (Lindsay Lohan's close friend,mind you - believe me or not)... explains a lot about Nicole's actions... if you read my OLD threads about that break up. I was totally burned. And hurt.

I asked my therapist if I should seek psychiatric eval... she looked at me after bout 3 months of sessions (1/wk) and told me I'm crazy.. I don't need psych eval. Then we both laughed for a minute. And she reassured me, I'm more mentally stable/sane than I think I am.

• Author
I have been since "Nicole" (Lindsay Lohan's close friend,mind you - believe me or not)... explains a lot about Nicole's actions... if you read my OLD threads about that break up. I was totally burned. And hurt.

I asked my therapist if I should seek psychiatric eval... she looked at me after bout 3 months of sessions (1/wk) and told me I'm crazy.. I don't need psych eval. Then we both laughed for a minute. And she reassured me, I'm more mentally stable/sane than I think I am.

wow thats a relief to hear that i am not the only losing the plot...LOL.... dont mean it in that way.... Yeah i know what you mean - for the last 6 weeks i have had this overwhelming feeling of emptiness and hollowness that has been growing until i finally decided to take that step forward and address some of the issues that i am dealing with....

also the last 6 weeks have made me realise that i have alot of things from my past that need to be addressed that needed a trigger and the break up seemed to have triggered alot of things....

• Author
Have been on and off for 13 months. Still have issues. F****** B****.

wow she really must have done some really bad stuff....

our break up was complicated and i still love her... but the break up did make me realise a lot of things about me and issues that i need to address such as my fear of abandonment and had this break up not happerned i might never have dealt with it....

If I could afford it, I'd be all over going to a therapist.

Good job on taking the next step to getting well again.

• Author
If I could afford it, I'd be all over going to a therapist.

Good job on taking the next step to getting well again.

i got given £750 to use towards any form of training from work and guess what i am using it for...

hehehehehehe....

i got given £750 to use towards any form of training from work and guess what i am using it for...

hehehehehehe....

NICE :cool:

• Author
NICE :cool:

i know - i love how my mind works - yet the B****rd cant stop thinking of my ex.... f***, sh**, Bi***, C**t, why cant i stop thinking of her... i miss her today... i really do....

i know - i love how my mind works - yet the B****rd cant stop thinking of my ex.... f***, sh**, Bi***, C**t, why cant i stop thinking of her... i miss her today... i really do....

I hear ya, mine was on my mind too...I even wrote her a long letter, but how pathetic would I look if I mailed her a letter when I'm the one that said I can't be her friend because it's too hard.

• Author
I hear ya, mine was on my mind too...I even wrote her a long letter, but how pathetic would I look if I mailed her a letter when I'm the one that said I can't be her friend because it's too hard.

i have found that writing our thoughts and feelings is quite therapeutic in itself, and even writing about it here on LS has helped me a great deal...

there is nothing pathetic about you wanting to send the letter - i think we all replay the last conversation hoping to get some form of closure and as time passes we keep on replaying things inour mind and we come up with scenarios and think of things that we could have said or done in the hope that they will come back and realise - but you know what they left us - its their loss... sure its hurts life a mofo right now but you know what thorgs look at the bigger picture - in 6 months when you, I, and all the others here have moved on, its our exes who will have that nagging "what if" voice in the back of their minds... by staying NC we are always going to be the all elusive one that got away... and sure 6/12/18/24 months down the road when we reach that juncture where we still love them but have moved on to better things and if destiny does have it in store for us to be friends then sure we may be friends...

i believe in destiny and fate - yes we make our own choices to get to that eventual point, and we meet people in our lives who affect the choices we make and the route we take to get to that ultimate destination, but you know what if its meant to be then it will be and if not - throw away the bad things and keep the happy memories... we are the champions... (thats my new mantra)....LOL

keep strong....

we are the champions... (thats my new mantra)....LOL

keep strong....

Thanks man. I'm going to go for a drive and walk at the park (how gay does that sounds??!)

• Author

Thanks man. I'm going to go for a drive and walk at the park (how gay does that sounds??!)

enjoy the drive and the walk at the park..... and make the most of each day....

wow she really must have done some really bad stuff....

our break up was complicated and i still love her... but the break up did make me realise a lot of things about me and issues that i need to address such as my fear of abandonment and had this break up not happerned i might never have dealt with it....

Pick up the book "Journey From Abandonemnt to Healing" by Susan Anderson. It will compliment your therapy a good deal.

The value of a break-up for the lucky ones is that it does offer them insight to deeper issues, if you do the hard work to address those issues not only the pain will be worth it, you life will be better.

You may not feel like it but you appear to be on of the lucky ones.

• Author
Pick up the book "Journey From Abandonemnt to Healing" by Susan Anderson. It will compliment your therapy a good deal.

The value of a break-up for the lucky ones is that it does offer them insight to deeper issues, if you do the hard work to address those issues not only the pain will be worth it, you life will be better.

You may not feel like it but you appear to be on of the lucky ones.

in some aspects I do feel lucky because as I said before she taught me how to open up my heart - in other aspects not so lucky - but as you said it will take time and over time that will change and hopefully I will see the positives...

The most beneficial paths in our life are often the hardest ones, but the lead to the greatest benefits... At least to a certain extent I am bringing back the optimism back to my life... It amazing how just being able to pour your hearts contents out can be therapeutic in itself...

Just thought I would share this - i had a dream about her last night - a dream that I was sleeping with her again... wow that was weird - never had one of those in the past 6 weeks...

DAY 10 of NC.... yay