LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Coping

how do you ignore someone you love?

Coping Learning to deal with one's emotions and loss.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hellopeople

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th April 2010, 5:00 PM   #1
Established Member

how do you ignore someone you love?

I hear alll the time that when the ex comes back knocking to ignore them. Most of the time, most people say that nothing good comes out of it. M

My ex ended our relationship very harshly. Then he contact me to tell me that he has changed his lodge membership so could go back to it now that he is gone. I told him I would not be going back.

My friends say now that we are over and we no longer have the same hang out locations we both should be able to move on free and clear. They say dont talk to him anymore if he tries to contact me. I'm like okay but in the back of my mind I know that this is going to be hard to do. When I think about it, he did some mean things to me and I really need to keep moving but I still have feelings for him...ugh!!
9Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 5:16 PM   #2
Established Member

I completely understand how you feel...that's why I'm hoping she never contacts me...that way I don't have to go through the pain of ignoring her...and to be honest, there is 0% chance that I'd ignore her...
Old 15th April 2010, 5:25 PM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCHokie View Post
I completely understand how you feel...that's why I'm hoping she never contacts me...that way I don't have to go through the pain of ignoring her...and to be honest, there is 0% chance that I'd ignore her...
What do you do?
Old 15th April 2010, 6:52 PM   #4

I'm not going to lie, it is REALLY hard to ignore your ex - especially if you still have feelings for them.

I see my ex almost everyday. When we first broke up, ignoring them was the hardest thing I had ever done. I would grow nervous at the thought of having to see him. My heart would jump at the sight of him. But I knew I needed to keep a strong front. So, I would simply walk past him as if he didn't exist. I didn't even attempt to make eye contact. I wouldn't return his texts. But all the while I was dying inside. And I knew it bothered him too since he doesn't like being ignored (fragile ego + other issues). I just kept telling myself that I was strong. I could do it. I would keep every ounce of my dignity.

And I did. It's been three months and I still ignore him when I see him and I don't plan on stopping. And you know what? It's become A LOT easier. I no longer worry about running into him b/c to me, he has just become another face in the hundreds of faces I see everyday. Yes, sometimes I still feel that little voice inside of me crying out for him, but then I realize that I am so much better off without him. And so are you girl!

It's not easy, but it will get easier. It's like a band-aid. Would you rather peel it off slowly and delay the pain or just rip it off in one go? My suggestion? Rip that sucker off, ball it up, and throw it away without looking back.

Be strong. Be brave. Know that you are a kick-arse chick who deserves a dude equally as awesome. Show him you can handle this, but more importantly, show yourself you can do this. Good luck ms. awesome 9Lives!
hellopeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 7:46 PM   #5
Established Member

Everything hellopeople said and more!

If you contact/talk to your ex, you are going to be left wanting more. That's because you want the whole meal and they can only offer crumbs. Crumbs are not life-sustaining. Stay away! If he/she wants you back, they will crawl over hot glass, face your own mother (mine had to!) and beg to get you back. Anything less is less than you deserve or need to ever have a happy relationship.

Just promise yourself you'll never accept crumbs and ignoring won't be hard. Crumbs are easy to ignore.
georgia girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 7:52 PM   #6
Established Member

Ignoring them is easy, keeping your cool and looking like you don't care is what's hard.

When someone hurts me or makes me really upset I tend to ignore them so that part comes naturally to me. I guess you just have to remember how weak and pathetic you come off if you don't ignore them after they treated you like crap.

I didn't realize until I came to LS.org that exes tend to come back and test you after they break your heart. This happens to a large majority of posters here. I'm not sure why that happens but I know that running back to them with open arms does not put you in a positive light in their eyes. It's almost like they want that challenge so if you don't give in and you show them that you don't need them in it's the best revenge ever and it drives them nuts.
Old 15th April 2010, 8:57 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Lives View Post
What do you do?

Go on living my life assuming she will never talk to me again.
USMCHokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 9:07 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
AKA the right thing to do.
djentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 11:26 AM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
I think this is the right answer here. Im going to do this here.
Old 19th April 2010, 11:33 AM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopeople View Post
I'm not going to lie, it is REALLY hard to ignore your ex - especially if you still have feelings for them.

I see my ex almost everyday. When we first broke up, ignoring them was the hardest thing I had ever done. I would grow nervous at the thought of having to see him. My heart would jump at the sight of him. But I knew I needed to keep a strong front. So, I would simply walk past him as if he didn't exist. I didn't even attempt to make eye contact. I wouldn't return his texts. But all the while I was dying inside. And I knew it bothered him too since he doesn't like being ignored (fragile ego + other issues). I just kept telling myself that I was strong. I could do it. I would keep every ounce of my dignity.

And I did. It's been three months and I still ignore him when I see him and I don't plan on stopping. And you know what? It's become A LOT easier. I no longer worry about running into him b/c to me, he has just become another face in the hundreds of faces I see everyday. Yes, sometimes I still feel that little voice inside of me crying out for him, but then I realize that I am so much better off without him. And so are you girl!

It's not easy, but it will get easier. It's like a band-aid. Would you rather peel it off slowly and delay the pain or just rip it off in one go? My suggestion? Rip that sucker off, ball it up, and throw it away without looking back.

Be strong. Be brave. Know that you are a kick-arse chick who deserves a dude equally as awesome. Show him you can handle this, but more importantly, show yourself you can do this. Good luck ms. awesome 9Lives!
Thanks for keeping it totally real with me. I really appreciate that. I will keep this in mind. I agree with you completely.